By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 16 - Brawlsville

theRepublic said:
Final-Fan said:

You:  "As for the seemingly random votes, I actually don't mind on the first day.  It gives us something to look at on later days when we have more information.  It also puts some pressure on people to get them talking."

Me:  "Not that it worked. Vote Obama"

Ah, that makes much more sense now!

I say we just up the pressure.  Did anyone have more than two votes?

I just checked, the most anyone had was two votes...

until now.

Vote: Falcon

Tell me, what side to you fall on in the first day lynch or no lynch debate.  Only two of us have really talked about it.

I would also like to hear from some other people on this.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Can we PLEASE stop with the joke votes?

PSN ID: KingFate_

KingFate said:

My vote was no joke.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Actually ... that's appalling. dtewi has not logged on for 8 days now. i.e. -- all three days of this game so far, PLUS five more.

Can we get a modkill? Or a substitute? Or does someone have information assuring us that he will arrive in a timely fashion?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

KingFate said:

mine was also real... I don't think voting is just a mere JOKE!!!

Around the Network

I agree with therepublic on this. More votes put more pressure on the subspace whatever peolpe and hopefully they would slip up. Though I'm a wait for falcon's defense. Also I believe everyone has a role (as stated in the op)
I also believe that supermario is Mario, but thats just a mere guess :-p.

theRepublic said:

a single no lynch* takes a town kill and hands it to the mafia to do with what they please

I disagree with this.

If we lynch someone today just for the sake of lynching:

1) There is a much greater chance of lynching a townie.
2) Mafia players could be influencing the initial vote to make absolutely sure we lynch the wrong person (is this what you're doing theRepublic?)

If we lynch townies for the mafia this is effectively shortening the number of rounds we have in total.

My opinion also differs on your "saving a no lynch for a later round" strategy. We're at no point in future rounds going to have less information on who to lynch than we do now.

I do respect, if you're not mafia, that you're shaking things up and taking action though.

I really don't agree with theRepublic's stats based reasons for lynching someone on the first day. I believe we should only lynch someone if we have a good reason to, not because voting no lynch "removes a town kill", a town myslynch is worst than a mafia kill.

Signature goes here!

Vote Count  (Beta)

dsister44: TruckOSaurus (L-6)
Falcon095: Stefl1504, supermario128, theRepublic (L-4)
supermario128: dsister44 (L-6)
No Lynch: Final-Fan (L-6)

Not Voting:  dtewi, Falcon095, KingFate, Nikells,
SciFiBoy, SuperAdriank, trangentspree

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Vote Spread (Beta)

dsister44:     TruckOSaurus > supermario128
trangentspree:
KingFate:
Nikells:
supermario128: Falcon095
stefl1504:     Falcon095
SciFiBoy:
dtewi:
TruckOSaurus:  dsister44
SuperAdriank:
theRepublic:   Falcon095
Falcon095:
Final-Fan:     dsister44 > > No Lynch

I am going to go with a Vote: Not Lynch As this game hasn't gone anywhere so far.

PSN ID: KingFate_