By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I just beat the elite four a second time...

Warning, spoiler on elite 4's pokemons.

So I just beat the elite four in hearthgold for the second time. They are quite strong on the second run but it's such a tasty challenge.

My team was

-Feraligatr Lev. 61         -Sunflora Level 60

-Togetic level 60             -Arcanine level 61

-Fearow level 60            -Grandbull level 60

I very pround of my team especially against Lance who has a Dragonite, Salamence and Garchomp in the 75...

Of course I had to use some potions but hell,  Lance used 2 full restore on his Dragonite level 75

I think that what need pokemon games is not just innovations but harder challenge as well. This one was good though.

So did you beat elite four twice as well and what was your team?

Around the Network

Nice, I had created a thread just like this a few moments ago

I defeated them on the second try when I was training my Electivire from scratch, so he was a non-usable pokemon (as he was level 30).

My party was all level 67, except Dragonite who was at 70. Didn't use any potion, as I mainly OHKO most of the pokemon, even Spiritomb, with Dragonite's Outrage doing a critical on him.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

E4 rematch was after 16 badge right? (havent played in a while >_>)

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

DaveD said:
E4 rematch was after 16 badge right? (havent played in a while >_>)

Yes, after beating all the Kanto and Johto Gyms. 

Now, all that's left is Red xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

My team consists of Feraligatr, Weavile, Gliscor, Scizor, Electivire, and Magmortar.

I had a pretty rough time the first time I fought him. Basically I was left with just Feraligatr against his Aerodactyl, Charizard, and Dragonite. I actually had to keep using hyper potions until his Dragonite missed me with Thunder. It was that crazy.

This time though, I was ready. All of my Pokemon were level 71 or higher and Lance was a breeze. Weavile Ice Punched the stuffing outta his Pokemon.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
My team consists of Feraligatr, Weavile, Gliscor, Scizor, Electivire, and Magmortar.

I had a pretty rough time the first time I fought him. Basically I was left with just Feraligatr against his Aerodactyl, Charizard, and Dragonite. I actually had to keep using hyper potions until his Dragonite missed me with Thunder. It was that crazy.

This time though, I was ready. All of my Pokemon were level 71 or higher and Lance was a breeze. Weavile Ice Punched the stuffing outta his Pokemon.

In my case it was my Dragonite's Ice Beam pretty much destroying every Dragon on his team XD

The toughest one was Gyarados, since I didn't had any electric move >_> I had to resort to Psychic the stuffing out of him  

Current PC Build

And I felt good because I FINALLY beat Lance's Level 62 Dragonite on Yellow.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Smeags said:

I just had a similar experience against Lance & Clair.

I had a brand new Dragonair I just picked up with extreme speed, a luxray at level 30, and then 3 of my normal pokemon (umbreon, arcanine, poliwrath) and Frealigatr for whirlpool. My 3 main pokemon were between 53-57, and the other 3 were used as fodder to revive my main pokemon. Silver got whiped out fairly quick, but he did manage to take out Clair completely which saved me just enough to keep my Umbreon alive long enough to revive my other 2 pokemon. I had to use Poliwrath to hypnotise the oponent and finally chip away at them.

I haven't even gotten past the 1st pokemon of the 2nd member of the elite four.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
Smeags said:

I just had a similar experience against Lance & Clair.

I had a brand new Dragonair I just picked up with extreme speed, a luxray at level 30, and then 3 of my normal pokemon (umbreon, arcanine, poliwrath) and Frealigatr for whirlpool. My 3 main pokemon were between 53-57, and the other 3 were used as fodder to revive my main pokemon. Silver got whiped out fairly quick, but he did manage to take out Clair completely which saved me just enough to keep my Umbreon alive long enough to revive my other 2 pokemon. I had to use Poliwrath to hypnotise the oponent and finally chip away at them.

I haven't even gotten past the 1st pokemon of the 2nd member of the elite four.

That fight came completely out of the blue for me. I was hanging around the Den when I found Silver and got challenged for the doubles fight. 

My party was leveled at 55 with Dragonite at 58, I barely made it through with just Dragonite, largely thanks to Scizor surviving long enough to chip away at his Dragonite Lv. 75 health. 

Current PC Build