By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Network updates are coming to tuesdays!

Starting in May, Sony will be releasing updates to the Playstation Network (DLC, add-on content, updates, and so on) on Tuesday instead of Thursday.  This will allow PS3 users to get their updated content at the same time as Microsoft and Nintendo.

Sony releasing updates on Thursday puts them at a disadvantage to Microsoft, who updated on Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on the content.  Starting on May 4th, everyone gets their content at the same time, be it downloadable games, DLC, Rock Band tracks, or what have you.

Even though Nintendo releases content on Monday, Sony doesn't seem to think that's much of a problem.  There isn't a lot of game content that is shared between the PS3/360 and the Wii so competition won't be quite as harsh.

Source: http://www.examiner.com/x-32507-Minneapolis-Console-Game-Examiner~y2010m4d19-Sony-to-move-PSN-update-day-to-Tuesday

Thoughts?

Around the Network

Sweet. Even better for us I guess. :)

except for EU who inexplicably get it on wednesdays ¬_¬

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

why not eu?

This would be great, but Sony has a hard time getting stuff out on Thursday. It used to be updated by mid-afternoon, now its not till thursday night. im not optimistic

Around the Network

Nice

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Now PSN gets 24-hour timed exclusives! Not really, since SCEA updates late in the day and couldn't do it on time if their lives depended on it.

Your move, Microsoft.

I would rather it Thursdays, Thursdays are boring otherwise. But whatever, it's all the same.

if everyone can get it on thursdays why can't everyone get it on tuesday?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
except for EU who inexplicably get it on wednesdays ¬_¬

shit, this totally screws up having one article featuring both regions. Damn you SCEE.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453