By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My *complete surprise* GoTY... Rock Band!

ioi, I completely apologize. The comments were meant to be light-hearted and no ill-intent was meant whatsoever. I was just harassing the poster for going on a rant about what seemed like his friend's opinion of Rock Band when he had virtually nothing of substance to offer the thread. I'm really surprised that so many of you take this shit so seriously. If you look at my post history, I'm known for going a bit off-color at times but I'm not actually serious about any of it.

Again, I apologize to the poster who I told to "shoot himself in the head" but if some of you think I was actually serious about it, get a grip. I'm not going to tell someone to commit suicide over a freaking video game. Not everything in the world needs to be some PC agenda and you don't need to get outraged over a little light-hearted harassment. It's a video game forum, fer Christsakes.

Wait, is "fer Christsakes" offensive? I apologize in advance.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

I dunno rocketpig, but I'll just assume you said Christcakes and you'll send me a few with extra frosting on it. ;)

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

jjseth said:
Of course the Rock Band song list stinks. Where's the Justin Timberlake? The Jessica Simpson songs? What about Britney? Not even a single Christina Aguilera song! Man, this game stinks. :)

Maybe it needs more Emo music for ninlenbox? That way when you fail at My Chemical Romance songs, you can feel better when you cut yourself. :) ;)

I guess some people don't get the "Rock" part of "Rock Band".

the guitar hero tracklist doesnt even come close to rock bands. in gh theres so many good songs. a few examples are slow ride, hit me with youer best shot, paint it black, miss murder, welcome to the jungle, when u were young, rock you like a hurricane, barracuda, and so many good songs. i remeber while playing gh saying it would be awesome if i could sing hit me with ur best shot is such a sweet song to perform, unfortunately rockband doesnt have many hits. they are bands and songs i have never heard of and they are all bad. while gh3 is as good as it is because of the memorable track list. and yes i love me some justin but this game isnt about that. although i think even though umbrella isnt a rock song it should be in gh because of the awesome guitar in that song.

Putting the Box back in Ninlen!

Uh... Rock Band has Rolling Stones, The Killers (even the same song at GH), Metallica (to counter your GnR), Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, The Ramones, KISS, Bon Jovi, Iron Maiden, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, STP, Smashing Pumpkins, and many others.

Seriously, if you don't like at least ten songs from this game, you don't like rock n roll. Which makes me wonder why you bought a game called "Rock Band" in the first place.

Around the Network

what???? i do enjoy rock once in a while but i woulnd't call it my fav music genre. the thing is that gh3 has so many good songs that i know of and they are all good. but it seems rockband grab the same artist that gh3 has and just chose the worst songs from each particular artist. they are a lot of slow rock songs in rock band and none of the fun tracks in gh3.

Putting the Box back in Ninlen!

Ninlenbox said:
what???? i do enjoy rock once in a while but i woulnd't call it my fav music genre.

You do realize that the game is called "Rock Band", right? I'm not telling you what kind of music to like but if you buy a game called "Rock Band" that has some of the greatest "Rock" tracks ever created on it and don't like the music, that's your fault, not the game.

Besides, Rock Band doesn't have the luxury of putting completely guitar-heavy songs on the game like Guitar Hero. Harmonix had to choose more balanced music so that the singer and drummer didn't fall asleep during the song.

That is unless you really want to kill that drum solo in "Hit Me With Your Best Shot". 

rocketpig said:
jjseth said:
Of course the Rock Band song list stinks. Where's the Justin Timberlake? The Jessica Simpson songs? What about Britney? Not even a single Christina Aguilera song! Man, this game stinks. :)

Maybe it needs more Emo music for ninlenbox? That way when you fail at My Chemical Romance songs, you can feel better when you cut yourself. :) ;)

My post was a touch on the sarcastic side.  I personally like the rock band song selection much more then GH3's.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

rocketpig said:
jjseth said:

Thats exactly what I got and that is exactly why I will never ever in my whole life consider buying this game. Having to try to keep the rythm in a song that makes me mentally get sick is nothing I ever want to do. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Seriously, I don't get not liking music genres and the like. I love R&B, a touch of hip-hop and classical music (NWA, Public Enemy and Chopin) and my wife loves Gospel, but we had a blast jammin' off of the Rock Band songs, shoot ... more than GHIII. I have all three games (GHII, GHIII and Rock Band) and I love being able to sing with or drum and shred with REAL songs. GHIII has some cool songs too, but I don't like the covers as much as real songs.

To each his/her own, but I will tell you - I know a guy who broke his guitar playing RB and used his guitar from GHIII to keep playing. That's saying a lot ...