By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - this is ancient topic. am I the only one that liked Crisis Core More than 7

I LOVED FF7 : Crisis Core

Even more than 2 main FF titles (12 & 8). Its one of the best handheld game ever.

The ending is one of the best in FF itself & the music remixes are done brilliantly!

The DMW sucks though.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
JimmyRay said:

Crisis core was amazing, only game that's ending has made me cry.

Still, it's pretty clear that 7 is the best though. Theres just so much content, such a great story and awesome gameplay. Even now it's one of the best selling titles on PSN and one of the most higly loved games ever, many other amazing titles have been forgotten but 7 is still a massive cult and loved by many.

I might have to go complete it for the 6th time, lol.

Edit: Just to add, zack was an amazing character. Part of what made me so sad at the end knowing Cloud forgets him and doesn't tell Aeris about what happened to him, so Aeris just thinks zack ran off with someone else. :(

I hated Cloud after crisis core, Zack all the way.

Well, see I guess you can see understand. Like I know without sevens amazing world and detail they put into the original, CC wouldn't have been possible.

It was just like cloud forgetting zack, and all those kind of subtle things, got to me probably more than any other FF did. And that's why I thought it was special.

Obviously its not my favorite game or FF. It's just special in its own little way XD

darthdevidem01 said:

I LOVED FF7 : Crisis Core

Even more than 2 main FF titles (12 & 8). Its one of the best handheld game ever.

The ending is one of the best in FF itself & the music remixes are done brilliantly!

The DMW sucks though.

Well, the DMW with aerith at the end is kinda dramatic and that was a good part!

but yeah the DMW sucked... wasn't it made by the same people that made kingdom hearts? I could be wrong, but they just should have used that modified :P or something else... Im not a game designer

I had an item that stopped the DMW for most of my battles, it got annoying. Really funny though because after a while I'd take it off and level up like 10 times in a row! :D

Just the CC ending as a whole was probably one of the best I've ever seen, so powerful and emotional.

*spoilers* Aerith slipping out of the DMW, getting flashbacks and just keeping soldiering on against insane odds, popping pots when you're down and going at it further, classic. It's a shame I had all the uber gear though, wasn't really struggling at killing anything and wouldda walked through it if I wasn't destined to die, lol.

-Insert PSN Portable ID here-

-Insert XBL Portable ID here-

-Insert Witty Quote/Comment here-

JimmyRay said:

I had an item that stopped the DMW for most of my battles, it got annoying. Really funny though because after a while I'd take it off and level up like 10 times in a row! :D

Just the CC ending as a whole was probably one of the best I've ever seen, so powerful and emotional.

*spoilers* Aerith slipping out of the DMW, getting flashbacks and just keeping soldiering on against insane odds, popping pots when you're down and going at it further, classic. It's a shame I had all the uber gear though, wasn't really struggling at killing anything and wouldda walked through it if I wasn't destined to die, lol.

yeah thats a cool thing, maybe i'll see if I can use that when I play it again.

*SPOILERS EVEN THOUGH MOST HAVE EITHER SEEN IT OR DONT CARE AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO MAKE WHITE THINGY"

Like that whole ending sequence, battle and everything, it wasn't difficult... but they made you feel struggle and etc. And like when they got off the truck from and went into those sandy things I was like. NO, this can't be happening.

Like for me atleast. I enjoyed the whole videogame but even if I didn't enjoy it, that ending would have been worth playing through dirge for!... well I played through dirge

so bad comparison :P

Around the Network

games is not repetitive.... the missions are meant for bite-sized sessions as its a portable game.
Playing RPG needs you to spend alot of time into it.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

gustave154 said:
games is not repetitive.... the missions are meant for bite-sized sessions as its a portable game.

umm, i never said that or are you talking to something else

I enjoyed the yuffie hojo missions

you have to do them sparingly through the story, if you try to go through them all at once. like you said, they get tedious

gustave154 said:

Kind of +1. The side missions are repetitve but I agree it isn't too much of an issue as it is designed to be played in small bits.

I've been palying Chrono-Trigger on the move and found myself grinding tons to level up (then found I didn't need to anyway). That was repetitive, but ok because it was in small bits. Then again I spent 3 years playing the korean grind MMO Lineage 2 so it's not like I'm adverse to repetition, not like I'm adverse to repetition, not like I'm adverse to repetition, not like I'm adverse to repetition, not like I'm adverse to repetition, not like I'm adverse to repetition.

-Insert PSN Portable ID here-

-Insert XBL Portable ID here-

-Insert Witty Quote/Comment here-

Ill add my two cents. Like Lifa said CC would not be half the game it was having not played ff7, seeing as the bulk of this game is riding on the story.

Gameplay wise it got boring after a while and the missions were repitive.(iI can't see too many people buying this for the gameplay)Another thing too is that the materia seemed really limited in this game, the combo/birth thing was a excellent idea but it just lacked alot of depth due to repition of the same garbage air strike+ woo hoo..

Story was intresting to say the least, everyone who played 7 had a basic idea of how the events would play out, with a few twists along the way, Genesis to my knowledge has become a fan favorite( i don't know if its the poetry or him and sepy being friends)

Zack was the Cloud we never had. i find him comparable to Dante's personality. Loud, tough, cocky,( i've never played the japanese version, but Rick Gomez (i hope thats his name) i thought did a fantastic job with Zacks english voice acting, excellent job) Cloud comes off as a sad pathetic excuse for a character when compared to Zack, and sadly Cloud is right up there with my favorite characters. ( top 2 even)
and Cissnei dont ask me why i love Cissnei

Soundtrack, was composed mostly by Ishimoto if im not mistaken. ( i thought the soundtrack was fantastic, i have heard other peoples opinions and they have had mixed reviews but i thought it was superb) They went what seemed to me fairly 'rock" heavy with most of the remixes of classic tracks, similar to what they did with advent children.
And in the final battle the DMV scenes you can get just are so emotional and powerful and of course "the price of freedom" playing in the backround helps bring this to life.( as lame as i am, i shed tears during zacks final scene - something that did not happen in ff7)

Graphics, yea well i have not seen anything on the psp come remotely close to cc, feel free to educate  me otherwise.

Hows it stack up against ff7, this is almost impossible for me to do. As much as i love the tradinational jrpg battle system, i have to say i've fallen more in love with the "kingdom hearts esque" battle system or action rpg battle system. Limit breaks blow away the DMV.

World map stomps all over stuck in tiny location, or mission starts at A and ends at B locals.
Materia in 7 i thought was far superior to CC although i loved the crossbreeding.

FF7 has the GOLDEN SAUCER..nuff said.

It's hard to say and i know im going to get crap for this, but if Cloud had voice acting in ff7(besides that fact they would of picked some noob budget va) if he got his respectful va steve burton as hard as it is to belive i think cloud would have more worldwide success,(on that note a ff7 remake would take a ridiculiously long time so much that as STUPID as this sounds i don't think they will ever do it)

in the end i would have to say FF7 > FFCC

Yes, I liked 7 better

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"