By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What's the most underrated game on Xbox 360?

matt247 said:
Viva Pinata and Banjo Kazooie

Stop sucking up to dsister!!! 

OT:

You silly goose, that's not how we do business here. On this site, xbox games can't be underrated because they're all overrated!!!

Around the Network

I'm going with Project Gotham Racing 4. The weather effects are still awesome, the bikes are fun to drive, but the reviews had a very "more of the same attitude" which is pretty weird, because I've played it and enjoyed it a lot more than 3.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

mrstickball said:
I have this weird knack for owning almost every under-appreciated gem in the 360 library.

That said, I own and vouch for the following games:

Earth Defense Force 2017 (excellent co-op)
Crackdown
Dead Rising
Culdcept Saga
Blue Dragon
Condemned
Deadly Premonition
Test Drive Unlimited (the one I don't own. Loved the game. The concept of doing a race around Ohau in Hawaii at ~200mph is one of the coolest, most underrated things this gen)
Dark Sector (picked this up for $7...For $7, its nice)
Viva Pinata

I find that I'm the same way (being drawn to underappreciated games). I find myself drawn to the underappreciated games but not really hyped up for the blockbusters so much. It's not like I have anything againstly the highly-marketed well-rated games. It's just that these misfit games seem to get my attention somehow. Whether it be through something in the game that catches my interest or positive word of mouth or something unique or whatever. Or maybe I just really liked the demo and had to try it out. Crackdown is my favorite 360 game out of all the ones I've played. I also felt Blue Dragon was underrated. I rate Blue Dragon above Lost Odyssey.

I'm definitely going to try Earth Defense Force 2017 and Deadly Premonition eventually. They seem to offer something different from this gen's norm. EDF looks like it may be a lot of fun and Deadly Premonition has that quirkiness about that that you tend to find in a Suda51 game.

Khuutra said:
badgenome said:

[EDF]

There are three copies of this sitting in my local Futureshop for twenty dollars. I don't know how long they've been there.

Should I grab one?

If mindless carnage with B-Level movie voice acting of your squad mates, and them running around like idiots, while you end up leveling a city you are supposed to save, and facing uneven frame rate, and a videogame that feels like a 1950s alien invasion film sounds like fun, go for it.  I still have my copy, even when beaten, and I am not looking to get rid of it.  I would try to get it around $10, but there must be a reason why it is sitting at $20 still.

Badgenome said it, EDF 2017. Having not played the 360 game, I did play the PS2 one, and the atmosphere, gameplay, and the godly co-op easily make this one a winner.

Around the Network

While it's not THE most underrated, I feel that halo wars never got the attention it deserved.

Onechanbarra! Zombie Samurai Warriors!!! :P

Condemned Criminal Origins

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Too Human

Lost Odyssey deserves a lot more love than it gets. Also, I still can't figure out why the Mass Effect series don't get extremely high sales, considering the reviews.