By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Have you played Ghostbusters on the wii? COOL!

Just a little thread for a game I bought for under 25$: Ghostbusters.  This game was made with "pleasing fans of the movies" mentality.  And since I am a fan, I think it is super fun.  The story, characters, design choices and levels are all entertaining.  I think it is one little gem of a game that is below the radar for a lot of people.  So, just a little thread to let you know it is fun and the controls are perfect.

Have fun!

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

Around the Network

Doesn't it suffer from the PS2 port syndrome?

got the ghostbusters game for 360 for $9.99 used. It was alright.

@ OP. Your threads remind me when i was a follower of "Club Nintendo" back in the late 1990s, in which the magazine always gave good ratings to mediocre games, which i believed when i was young and naive.

Bamboleo said:
Doesn't it suffer from the PS2 port syndrome?

Actually no it doesn't, the PS2 game is a port down of the Wii version, it lacks co-op for one and doesn't look all that great.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Actually, I am neither young nor naive. I just want to talk about games that I enjoy, no more. Plus, I do believe they are good games, from my point of view. And I much rather talk about games that I enjoy than games I didn't. What would be the point? Plus, if someone wants to try out these games after reading some of my comments and in the end, enjoys them, what's the harm? Is it a bad thing to have fun while playing games? It's rare that I will go out, take my hard earn money as a 6th grade teacher and actually buy a game without thinking about it first! I will buy a game because I think I will enjoy it, no matter what the critics say.

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

Around the Network

I own it and think its a blast! I like the cartoonish look of it since I used to watch the cartoon every Saturday morning when I was a kid, plus the controls are superb!

Great game, great style and great fun. I was playing it co-op with my girlfriend. Unfortunately she really started to get turned off by it and I couldn't figure out why. Turns out the moment the indicators came on to show you were close to locking on to a ghost, she'd release the button and shake the Wiimote. Which pretty much means she hadn't caught a single ghost since we'd started playing.

So I'm going to go back and play it solo while we co-op a different game. Maybe we'll come back to it later together.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Great game, great style and great fun. I was playing it co-op with my girlfriend. Unfortunately she really started to get turned off by it and I couldn't figure out why. Turns out the moment the indicators came on to show you were close to locking on to a ghost, she'd release the button and shake the Wiimote. Which pretty much means she hadn't caught a single ghost since we'd started playing.

So I'm going to go back and play it solo while we co-op a different game. Maybe we'll come back to it later together.

i thought you were gay

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

I'm bi. Been with my girlfriend for 8 years. Live together, very happy.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

pots555 said:
Actually, I am neither young nor naive. I just want to talk about games that I enjoy, no more. Plus, I do believe they are good games, from my point of view. And I much rather talk about games that I enjoy than games I didn't. What would be the point? Plus, if someone wants to try out these games after reading some of my comments and in the end, enjoys them, what's the harm? Is it a bad thing to have fun while playing games? It's rare that I will go out, take my hard earn money as a 6th grade teacher and actually buy a game without thinking about it first! I will buy a game because I think I will enjoy it, no matter what the critics say.

No defense necessary. lol   Agree with you on the game.  Great game.  A lot of fun.  Still need to finish it though.  Work has me tied up and only thing I've been able to squeeze in lately is about 30 minutes of mario kart every couple of nights.  Need a weekend off.

Consoles owned: NES, N64, PS1, GC, PS2, Wii.

Currently playing...