By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Rumor) Resident Evil Wii showed at Captive

Bamboleo said:
I'm already tired of the formula that I loved on RE4....

Series need a reboot. Silent Hill Shattered Memories puts present RE to shame.

Tbh imo it's not the formula as the gameplay is still very refined it's the progression of everything else, looking at RE to RE2 the formula didn't change but the series progressed quite a bit while RE5 practically rode RE4 with little progression. The reason for this I feel is that the scenarios RE2 and RE5 have, RE2 was a whole new scenario with the same formula from RE, you knew the basic approach but had to adapt it to a new circumstance while RE5 had numerous recycled scenarios from RE4 and in fact only the marshland village (one with the boat and tribesman) really stood out as new, as a result people got the impression of RE4 HD again because you practically started where you left off it also doesn't help that RE4 had a lot of variation in it's missions and RE5 didn't.

Around the Network

CHRIIIS!!!

Well overdue, if true.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Day 1 buy....

if it's true....

and good....

and we play as Leon.

I hope is true

Around the Network

I hope it's true but... that rumor was posted almost 8 months ago! On September 24th!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Better late than never.. It'll have to actually be a good game though, RE4-style doesn't make it an instant buy.

JEMC said:
I hope it's true but... that rumor was posted almost 8 months ago! On September 24th!

Oh oh.

I hope it's true and is based on old school RE games. I've just read the new on an internet site and was inmediately going to post it in vgchartz, but I wasn't fast enough. Was this rumour surfing the internet since september? Quite strange, I never heard about it.
All RE games Capcom has done for the Wii have sold pretty good so, for god's sake, give Wii owners a decent Biohazard game!

Make it like the Mansion section of RE5's DLC, and I'll buy it. Make it like RE5 itself, and I won't.

Hell, make it like RE4 and I'll probably pass it up. =/