By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Supply Will Continue to Be Tight in the Next Few Months

Adobo said:
the stock is tight tactic is working well with PS3 methinks.

almost as well as the launching at $600 tactic, and holding good games tactic... imo

Around the Network
chapset said:
Sony is loosing to much on the 120 gig model, they want people to buy the 250gig at 399$ that's why they produce less 120 gig models

yup a whole 18 dollars...... there so dead losing that much *facepalm*

Gilgamesh said:
chapset said:
Sony is loosing to much on the 120 gig model, they want people to buy the 250gig at 399$ that's why they produce less 120 gig models

The 250 GB is $349.

Also I doubt there losing much or any on the 120 GB. The only place they'd be losing money is in America, the rest of the world I think there making money on each console by now, there priced higher then America. I'm sure there making a lot of money on software right now so that should off set the loss in America.

I was going to point that out but you beat me to it.

gamings_best said:
chapset said:

yup a whole 18 dollars...... there so dead losing that much *facepalm*

yeah 18$ you pull out of your ass, all the numbers circulating on the web are only speculation *facepalm*

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

In my area, ps3s are now much easier to find than they were 3-4 weeks ago, but supply is still somewhat tight. We generally don't have ps3s for more than 2-3 days a week at my store, and this past week they only shipped us 250gbs.

Stock seems readily available via various online channels, however.

Around the Network

I can't believe people still think this is a tactic, despite the poor sales of America on GoWIII launch day due to shortages.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Great, so now every time the PS3 comes in last in NPD for the next several months we will be hearing the shortage excuse.

And this, from a company that bragged about being able to make and ship a million PS3s a month, yet can't seem to sell that much even during this peak.

Manufacturing shortage, or manufactured shortage? You be the judge.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Millennium said:
And this, from a company that bragged about being able to make and ship a million PS3s a month, yet can't seem to sell that much even during this peak.

Manufacturing shortage, or manufactured shortage? You be the judge.

Uh... they sold 1.154 million consoles over March.

And keep in mind supply has only been tight in NA, so you still have plenty of consoles lying around in Japan and most of Europe.