By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Wiki is starting to suck

I used to love  it, but now they're needlessly deleting information for being "not notable", even though it's been on there for two years.

Some examples:

The goomba, one of the most iconic video game enemies ever and probably the first one most people ever seen (wouldn't you agree?) has lost it's article, and now gets a short few paragraphs on a "Enemies in the Mario series" page

They've deleted so many enemies from the Zelda series. They refuse to let me put  Redead back on the page  (and when you type in Redead it redirects you to Gidbo, which isn't a redead. It's like typing in Magikoopa and being redirected to the Koopa Troopa) because  apparently "it isn't  notable enough". They're also deleting the pages for Darknut, Octorok, Moblin & Poe and reducing them to a few mentions. The enemies in the Zelda series article is so imcomplete and practically only contains enemies that have been there since the first game.

Also, proving how stupid the people editing the article are, they don't even know that the Deku Baba was in TWW! (I was trying to add it in as well)

Wiki is definitely on it's downfall. Soon, they'll probably have Link, Zelda & Ganondorf in "Characters in the Legend of Zelda article" because they're not notable enough to have their own article :/

Why are they doing this deleting? It's happening with all articles too, not just video gaming ones. Are they running out of server space? If so they should just say "we're VERY sorry but we have to delete & decrease some articles in order to keep the site online".

Everyone is deleting everything, I'm just going to start nominating everything for deletion. I bet I could get the "Enemies in the Zelda series" article deleted if I wanted to.

I'm disappointed with Wikipedia

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network

And yet Wikiproject Yu-Gi-Oh has 192 articles...

MontanaHatchet said:
And yet Wikiproject Yu-Gi-Oh has 192 articles...
Whoa, you're right...

(grabs trusty "nominate for deletion" )

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

For a second there i thought you were talking about zack & wiki lol

Wiki has, for the most part, always sucked.

Game of the year.

Now Playing: Guitar Hero III (Wii)

Around the Network

if you think that wiki sucks , then improve it instead of whining about it

Its still good overall , but its true , they are deleted more and more articles every day ... I really wonder why :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Lafiel said:
if you think that wiki sucks , then improve it instead of whining about it

I try to but they always just go "lol not notable" and reverse the edits I made...

tacoking said:
Wiki has, for the most part, always sucked.
No.

Whoa, sorry my opinion is wrong.

Game of the year.

Now Playing: Guitar Hero III (Wii)