By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Wiki is starting to suck

The need to start deleting or consolidating some articles is a natural growing pains thing. As long as where it gets consolidated retains all the relevant info is fine, I don't think its a problem. Honestly, there were points where it got frustrating having so many different pages about a certain topic where it was a hindrance to adding things.

Is it really that big of a problem to have ONE large page on ALL the zelda enemies as opposed to one page for each one (adding to dozens/hundreds?).

If your complaint is that they're deleting info related to those articles, then how to solve that is just adding the deleted info into the overall page. That is supposed to be one of the strengths of wiki, if you don't like it, you do have the ability to change it.

It sounds like they're refusing to let you change it though, have you asked them specifically regarding that?

Around the Network
darconi said:
The need to start deleting or consolidating some articles is a natural growing pains thing. As long as where it gets consolidated retains all the relevant info is fine, I don't think its a problem. Honestly, there were points where it got frustrating having so many different pages about a certain topic where it was a hindrance to adding things.

Is it really that big of a problem to have ONE large page on ALL the zelda enemies as opposed to one page for each one (adding to dozens/hundreds?).

If your complaint is that they're deleting info related to those articles, then how to solve that is just adding the deleted info into the overall page. That is supposed to be one of the strengths of wiki, if you don't like it, you do have the ability to change it.

It sounds like they're refusing to let you change it though, have you asked them specifically regarding that?

They're saying it's not notable enough.

The reason I don't like ONE LARGE PAGE is that they always delete the info from those articles. Whenever I add it back to the list, they delete that.

One large page equals less information sadly.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Wikipedia rules! Donate now.

cool48 said:

I donated 25 bucks last time

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

NintendoTogepi said:
cool48 said:

I donated 25 bucks last time

I swear the number of donations go up every 30 seconds.