By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake - First 10 Minutes!!

Slimebeast said:
Fanboyism is quite sad.

I myself admit that I tended to downplay Heavy Rain before it game came out, due to fanboyism.

In this thread every single Sony fan is downplaying Alan Wake.

and every ms fan is upplaying it?

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Fanboyism is quite sad.

I myself admit that I tended to downplay Heavy Rain before it game came out, due to fanboyism.

How can you be so cruel and unfair???

It's just the fact that they have nothing to care about untill... untill... Killzone 3!

So dear sir, show some tolerance and comprehension.

Anyway, as always, the situation in EVERY 360 thread is getting pretty pathetic, so, I have done  my duty, and I'm outta here.

I mean... Uncharted 1???

Really Mike?

Not worthy of the pittiest comment...

MUST....NOT....WATCH!

Here is some responses to this around the web.

VenVile "This game is astounding! It was like -playing a friggin movie! OMG!!!!!
i jizzed watching it!"

danwarb1 "I have to say, this is probably the most visually impressive console titles I've seen. Looks like it takes exclusivity as well as talent to get the most from these old systems"

evilmarc "Cool movie ;)"

Not many people have viewed it yet. But there isnt any negative comments about graphics on Youtube. Only positive.

This game will have reviewers in a frenzy over graphics. Quote me on that.

I'm so GODDAMN happy today! :)

Feylic said:
Slimebeast said:
Fanboyism is quite sad.

and every ms fan is upplaying it?

Of course.

Around the Network

Getting away from all of the fanboy flaming crap (I'm not one, I'm a dirty filthy scab that plays both sides), I'm looking forward to Alan Wake. It looks great and it looks different! I always applaud the latter of these particularly.

This'll be the first purchase for the Ol' xbox for a little while if I'm honest tho. Hopefully MS is working on a lot of new stuff, apart from the obvious such as Halo Reach and Gears 3 (which I'll buy when their cheaper) and Natal (which doesn't interest me except as a control interface for menus and stuff).

I hope AW sells well too. There's a lot of bullshit fanboyism going on with regards to this game, I hope it actually turns into good sales.

Obviously the game also has to be damn good too, so far it does look that way, I mean its been in development long enough!

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
Fanboyism is quite sad.

Some people weren't too impressed with the video, but not all are "downplaying" it. You were insulting HEAVY RAIN without any footage at all and you know I would know because I called you out on it just about every time you did it.

In fact some of the people commenting in here are planning on buying it. They just aren't as impressed with the visuals as they had hoped to be. It happened with HEAVY RAIN, it's happening here.

Downplaying it indeed they are. But you're a Sony fan yourself so I don't expect you to admit it.

If they're planning to buy it or not doesn't matter. I plan to buy many of the PS3 games that I consciously or unconciously downplay.

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
Fanboyism is quite sad.

Some people weren't too impressed with the video, but not all are "downplaying" it. You were insulting HEAVY RAIN without any footage at all and you know I would know because I called you out on it just about every time you did it.

In fact some of the people commenting in here are planning on buying it. They just aren't as impressed with the visuals as they had hoped to be. It happened with HEAVY RAIN, it's happening here.

I have to disagree. If you look around the web, our Forum here is the only real place people are ' appearing ' to be disappointed. Every forum Ive read are really crazy about the graphics. Especially the recent 4 min trailer. There is so many times you just cannot tell the differenc whether it's gameplay or cutscene. It's been a long long time since I have been truly wowed. I think that true wow is coming MAy 14th.

Even Uncharted 2 or Mass Effect 2 made me stop in my tracks, but not true Wowing like the first Gears did for the gen. I have never seen fog and lighting and environmental reaction and amotsphere 'ever' like this video in gaming.

CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
Fanboyism is quite sad.

I have to disagree. If you look around the web, our Forum here is the only real place people are ' appearing ' to be disappointed. Every forum Ive read are really crazy about the graphics. Especially the recent 4 min trailer. There is so many times you just cannot tell the differenc whether it's gameplay or cutscene. It's been a long long time since I have been truly wowed. I think that true wow is coming MAy 14th.

Even Uncharted 2 or Mass Effect 2 made me stop in my tracks, but not true Wowing like the first Gears did for the gen. I have never seen fog and lighting and environmental reaction and amotsphere 'ever' like this video in gaming.

I can't speak for the entire web. As I learned with HEAVY RAIN, you're always going to have people that: weren't impressed/letdown/downplayin' etc, etc.... But you'll also have those that are: impressed/overjoyed/happy about what's present. At this point, just do what I did, be happy for the title you have hyped and let all else be.

Oh hell yeah. I wouldnt miss this for the world.

Just a question, do you think it will get critical acclaim as best visuals this gen by reviews and media?

I think it's absolutely a given based of the latest 4 min trailer and this first 10 mins.

Just curious.

That guys voice bothers me. God I really hate how this story presents itself, very B movie TV type crap.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)