By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

Khuutra said:
letsdance said:
Khuutra said:

So you're saying if Kratos got access to the power to travel through time in a world where the Loom of the Sisters of Fate has no power? That doesn't make sense.

The idea is that Kratos and Link come into a power-neutral scenario where they are both at full power. Letsdance set it up so that Link has the Triforce. That trumps everything.

Kratos cannot win against Link carrying the Triforce.

LOL you are hilarious dude... really... Link uses the triforce,. In order for him to get it again in this scenario he needs to gain the triforce again... this is in "neutral" world means there is no more triforce... or is this your double standard again? I remember you saying since Kratos never uses his objects he cant use them and Kratos doesn't have access to the loom anymore... Same holds true here. Link used the triforce and doesn't have access to it.

Oh the double standards... I am bursting at the seams from laughter. Youre something else dude

Why would he need to get it "again"? Link at the end of Link to the Past has the Triforce. You said all Links combined! Saying that brings the Triforce into the equation. Canonically speaking, Link has the Triforce.

Did you beat Link to the Past?

No I didn't I've already said this. I'm basing "Getting it again" off of kas saying the triforce dissipates after the wish comes true. I'm basing it off you saying he used it to restore the world.  

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:
Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:

and what are the rules for every universe that has had a cross over?  They don't all act the same. Or maybe I'm missing something and you know the only rules all universes follow.

Super smash brothers brawl does like have all his power?  do any of the characters? 

If you set the rules you'd have Link win if letsdance sets the rules Kratos annihilates. 

letsdance already set the rules. All Links combined with all their powers.

That includes the Triforce.

Kratos literally cannot win.

and why not? there was the senario I offered earlier where he Annialated Link

there is also him taking the trifore going back in time before link gets it

(yes if we add time travel we all loose I'm sorry)

So you're saying if Kratos got access to the power to travel through time in a world where the Loom of the Sisters of Fate has no power? That doesn't make sense.

The idea is that Kratos and Link come into a power-neutral scenario where they are both at full power. Letsdance set it up so that Link has the Triforce. That trumps everything.

I didn't see a reason why the loom would have no power.  That's why i suggested it because it opens up a fun can of worms. 

I guess that why I keep saying whoever makes the rules decides the outcome. 

I'd try and limit the fight to what you as a player can make the character do.  Abilities you have control over can use more than once.   Wich takes out the loom takes out the triforce but still leaves all sorts of other fun things.  But since I've only played the first loz I wouldn't know what most of those were and also haven't played the last gow game. 

Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:

The universe altering items are part of the characters equipment.

It's not an assumption it's BASIC loginormally... link wins... end of story.  If you want to tweak things around because you don't like Link... that's fine... but in a completly equal and evenhanded setting... Kratos just loses...

who is the one tweaking? you give Link the triforce and say Kratos is only demigod

Saying the triforce is links equipment would be like saying the loom the fates weave on is Kratos equipment

why do you think I was saying the winner is all about who sets the rules.  that's the real end of the story.  you can say a place in neutral but you still set rules by what euqupment based on where they are in what game.  What god vs demigod mean.  All these are rules that we ourselves would set.  You set it so Link wins.  Good for you.  Many don't set it that way good for them. 

ok going by the links combinded that lets dance set I guess that would be equipment. 

Letsdance gave him the Triforce.  Not me.  When he said "All links combined"

Kratos can have the Looms of fate... but that wouldn't actually help him. 

The loom of fate, controls the fates of those whose destinies are threaded within it.

Which is... everyone in Kratos world.

The Looms of Fate can't effect anything not in Kratos world, because their strings aren't in there.

While the Triforce just gives you the power to alter reality.

The Loom of Fate are inferior to say... Doctor Dooms time machine because of this.

Take doctor Dooms time machine to Kratos time... and he can travel through time.

Take the Loom of Fate to the Marvel universe... and you can spin yourself some yarn.

In a nuetral battle setting Time Travel isn't going to be too useful anyway.

Besides it's not like Link doesn't have a Time Travel device of his own.

letsdance said:
Khuutra said:

Why would he need to get it "again"? Link at the end of Link to the Past has the Triforce. You said all Links combined! Saying that brings the Triforce into the equation. Canonically speaking, Link has the Triforce.

No I didn't I've already said this. I'm basing "Getting it again" off of kas saying the triforce dissipates after the wish comes true. I'm basing it off you saying he used it to restore the world.  

Ganon had the entire Triforce for hundreds of years before Link to the Past, it's not something that goes away when you wish on it - it went away at the end of Wind Waker because the King of Red Lions wanted it to go away, to kep it out of Ganon's hands.

Khuutra said:
letsdance said:
Khuutra said:

Ganon had the entire Triforce for hundreds of years before Link to the Past, it's not something that goes away when you wish on it - it went away at the end of Wind Waker because the King of Red Lions wanted it to go away, to kep it out of Ganon's hands.

I thought it went away at the end of LttP, guess I was wrong... been forever and honestly i'm not the biggest Legend of Zelda fan.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:
Wonktonodi said:
Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:

That's not true thoug.

Nor do you have any evidence that it would be the case that the God of War universe for some reason acts differently then every universe that's EVER had a crossover.

and what are the rules for every universe that has had a cross over?  They don't all act the same. Or maybe I'm missing something and you know the only rules all universes follow.

Super smash brothers brawl does like have all his power?  do any of the characters? 

If you set the rules you'd have Link win if letsdance sets the rules Kratos annihilates. 

If Kratos used Time travel he'd lose the fight for retreating via Battlefield Removal.  Also... he'd be retrating... just in general, meaning he lost the fight.

and the title is about anihilating.  Not about a single fight.  Kratos is brutal he does things like that

The thread is talking about a fight.  He was saying that Kratos would destroy link... in a fight... as in win the fight.

Which he wouldn't.

he didnt' even say fight in the first post :P  but yes to destroy link he would need to fight him but that doesn't mean they would be any rules of engament.  so to try and say loosing for retreating means nothing. 

Wonktonodi said:
Khuutra said:

I didn't see a reason why the loom would have no power.  That's why i suggested it because it opens up a fun can of worms. 

I guess that why I keep saying whoever makes the rules decides the outcome. 

I'd try and limit the fight to what you as a player can make the character do.  Abilities you have control over can use more than once.   Wich takes out the loom takes out the triforce but still leaves all sorts of other fun things.  But since I've only played the first loz I wouldn't know what most of those were and also haven't played the last gow game. 

The Loom of th Fates is tied intrinsically into the fabric of the God of War world, and doesn't have any affcts on worlds outside of it because it asn't woven to interact with other worlds.

Letsdance made the rules. Botha them get their full equipment in a power-neutral environment. Link murders Kratos.

So you're saying you would limit it to canon... but moreso? Why put up the special restrictions?

Wow. This thread was posted yesterday. It gave letsdance 200$ in two days

Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:
letsdance said:

I thought it went away at the end of LttP, guess I was wrong... been forever and honestly i'm not the biggest Legend of Zelda fan.

I'm pretty sure Link just left it behind, if it was ever addressed again.

Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:
Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:
Wonktonodi said:
Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:

That's not true thoug.

Nor do you have any evidence that it would be the case that the God of War universe for some reason acts differently then every universe that's EVER had a crossover.

If Kratos used Time travel he'd lose the fight for retreating via Battlefield Removal.  Also... he'd be retrating... just in general, meaning he lost the fight.

and the title is about anihilating.  Not about a single fight.  Kratos is brutal he does things like that

The thread is talking about a fight.  He was saying that Kratos would destroy link... in a fight... as in win the fight.

Which he wouldn't.

he didnt' even say fight in the first post :P  but yes to destroy link he would need to fight him but that doesn't mean they would be any rules of engament.  so to try and say loosing for retreating means nothing. 

He refrenced another thread which was based on them fighting.