By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

Wonktonodi said:
Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:

and what are the rules for every universe that has had a cross over?  They don't all act the same. Or maybe I'm missing something and you know the only rules all universes follow.

Super smash brothers brawl does like have all his power?  do any of the characters? 

If you set the rules you'd have Link win if letsdance sets the rules Kratos annihilates. 

letsdance already set the rules. All Links combined with all their powers.

That includes the Triforce.

Kratos literally cannot win.

and why not? there was the senario I offered earlier where he Annialated Link

there is also him taking the trifore going back in time before link gets it

(yes if we add time travel we all loose I'm sorry)

So you're saying if Kratos got access to the power to travel through time in a world where the Loom of the Sisters of Fate has no power? That doesn't make sense.

The idea is that Kratos and Link come into a power-neutral scenario where they are both at full power. Letsdance set it up so that Link has the Triforce. That trumps everything.

Kratos cannot win against Link carrying the Triforce.

Around the Network

LOL you are rewriting the story of Zelda universe to benifit you... oh hilarious. Now is when I take Kas not seriously anymore.

Kasz216 said:
Wonktonodi said:
Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:

That's not true thoug.

Nor do you have any evidence that it would be the case that the God of War universe for some reason acts differently then every universe that's EVER had a crossover.

and what are the rules for every universe that has had a cross over?  They don't all act the same. Or maybe I'm missing something and you know the only rules all universes follow.

Super smash brothers brawl does like have all his power?  do any of the characters? 

If you set the rules you'd have Link win if letsdance sets the rules Kratos annihilates. 

If Kratos used Time travel he'd lose the fight for retreating via Battlefield Removal.  Also... he'd be retrating... just in general, meaning he lost the fight.

and the title is about anihilating.  Not about a single fight.  Kratos is brutal he does things like that

Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:
Wonktonodi said:
Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:

That's not true thoug.

Nor do you have any evidence that it would be the case that the God of War universe for some reason acts differently then every universe that's EVER had a crossover.

If Kratos used Time travel he'd lose the fight for retreating via Battlefield Removal.  Also... he'd be retrating... just in general, meaning he lost the fight.

and the title is about anihilating.  Not about a single fight.  Kratos is brutal he does things like that

The thread is talking about a fight.  He was saying that Kratos would destroy link... in a fight... as in win the fight.

Which he wouldn't.

letsdance said:
LOL you are rewriting the story of Zelda universe to benifit you... oh hilarious. Now is when I take Kas not seriously anymore.

How am I rewriting it?  Do tell... I'm interested in this... since you think Link isn't anymore powerful then Robin Hood.

Ignoring the fact that the Triforce of Courage boosts the users abilties substantially.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:
Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:

So you're saying if Kratos got access to the power to travel through time in a world where the Loom of the Sisters of Fate has no power? That doesn't make sense.

The idea is that Kratos and Link come into a power-neutral scenario where they are both at full power. Letsdance set it up so that Link has the Triforce. That trumps everything.

LOL you are hilarious dude... really... Link uses the triforce,. In order for him to get it again in this scenario he needs to gain the triforce again... this is in "neutral" world means there is no more triforce... or is this your double standard again? I remember you saying since Kratos never uses his objects he cant use them and Kratos doesn't have access to the loom anymore... Same holds true here. Link used the triforce and doesn't have access to it.

Oh the double standards... I am bursting at the seams from laughter. Youre something else dude

letsdance said:
Khuutra said:

LOL you are hilarious dude... really... Link uses the triforce,. In order for him to get it again in this scenario he needs to gain the triforce again... this is in "neutral" world means there is no more triforce... or is this your double standard again? I remember you saying since Kratos never uses his objects he cant use them and Kratos doesn't have access to the loom anymore... Same holds true here. Link used the triforce and doesn't have access to it.

Oh the double standards... I am bursting at the seams from laughter. Youre something else dude

Why would he need to get it "again"? Link at the end of Link to the Past has the Triforce. You said all Links combined! Saying that brings the Triforce into the equation. Canonically speaking, Link has the Triforce.

Did you beat Link to the Past?

letsdance said:
Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:
Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:

Why would he need to get it again when you included a version of him that ALWAYS has it.

Additionally, he ALWAYS has the Triforce of Courage.... which alone is enough to beat Kratos.

Kasz216 said:
Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:
Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:
Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:
Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:
Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:
Wonktonodi said:

what comic character still has all their power when put in a video game? 

what happens when an unstoppable force meats an imovable object?

can't happen those can't coexist.  One or both would have to be renamed.  The univeres in god of war limits powers because it's a video game.  you have much more freedom in comics. 

1) Galactus for one.

The God of war universe has limited power... peirod.  That's all there is too it.  If Galactus came to Kratos universe... he would just eat the planet.

2) God of War is also a comic.

http://www.majorspoilers.com/archives/37341.htm/

what video game is glacus in where he has all his power?

comic to video game is not the same as video game to comic.  When you go from comic to video game you have to reduce the amount of power the character has to something that is playable.  video game to comic you can keep the level the same.

God of war univeres is limited by it starting as a video game. If you were to just take the characters it has in it and aply all the myth behind them they have pleanty of power.

spoiler for god of war 1

End of the first game Kratos is the god of war watching over earth  Our EARTH.  From there one could argue Kratos could then annihilate Link from excistence by getting rid of all the video games cartoons and anything else Link was every in. 

Except... it's not our earth.  The Greek Gods are nothing like how they were portrayed in other worlds.

It doesn't matter.  We aren't taking a Comic book character and putting him into a videogame.

We are taking a comic book character and putting him into a videogame WORLD.

Nobody is going to be playing Thor vs the Gods.  Therefore there is no game balancing done.

Besides videogames are themselves there own seperate dimensions... at least according to marvel.

That god of war is limited by being a game... that's my point.  It is.  The GOW gods are weak.

LoZ characters aren't AS limited.

Put Thor in LoZ... Link probably beats him.

well it is our earth they use in showing what he's over

it does matter becuase if you go by the rules of gow world who is the god of lightning?  not thor

But is it really that the gow gods are weak or just that kratos makes them look week? 

A) Considering the end of GOW3 and looking outside... does it look like the same earth to you?

B) It doesn't matter.  Thor still has all of his powers. Have you never seen a crossover before?  Thor went to the DC universe... he hada ll the powers he still had.

C) Yes... it really is that the gods were just that weak.   You even admitted as much.  Either way, they don't even close to ominpotence powers.

The marvel equivlent to the Triforce is like... The Infinity Gauntlet... if the Infinity Gauntlet worked in multiple universes.

Was going based on god of war 1

It does matter because whatever rules that the universe you are in follows affect all that are in it.  If the universe has a rule that allows exceptions from other universes that is still a rule.

so whoever decised the rules is pretty much going to decide the winner.

That's not true thoug.

Actually, all the Super Smash Brothers Brawl characters do have all of their powers.  Super Smash Brothers Brawl does not involve mainline Mario Link and Kirby etc.

Smash Brothers ball isn't even a "crossover" game.   It's a shared universe game.  Like Banpresto's Super Robot Wars... except the story is even more modified so that Bowser doesn't even Kidnap Princess Peach etc.

Regardless, for all vs battles, in general you assume a nuetral setting where all characters powers operate as they normally would.

but then in general you'd assume the characters powers not universe altering items.  see what happens when we assume

The universe altering items are part of the characters equipment.

It's not an assumption it's BASIC logic.

I mean my god... it would be meanignlessess otherwise if you didn't put the two characters in a nuetral setting where there powers worked.

In a nuetral setting where everyones powers work normally... link wins... end of story.  If you want to tweak things around because you don't like Link... that's fine... but in a completly equal and evenhanded setting... Kratos just loses...

who is the one tweaking? you give Link the triforce and say Kratos is only demigod

Saying the triforce is links equipment would be like saying the loom the fates weave on is Kratos equipment

why do you think I was saying the winner is all about who sets the rules.  that's the real end of the story.  you can say a place in neutral but you still set rules by what euqupment based on where they are in what game.  What god vs demigod mean.  All these are rules that we ourselves would set.  You set it so Link wins.  Good for you.  Many don't set it that way good for them. 

ok going by the links combinded that lets dance set I guess that would be equipment. 

Kratos is the God of War

Link is the Hero of Time

Who's going to win?