By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

Why would link show up in a world he doesn't know exists? See this is end game content your talking about and trying to tie in the stories. This is a fight plain and simple. Just a regular mob or boss link or kratos encounter every game. The cape theory doesnt work as I pointed out with the bombs. The Zelda devs have been short sighted once before. Again if we use logic and ignore the devs with kratos jumping out of bounds we should be able to do it with link as well. He isn't intangible and thats my conclusion. **MINI SPOILER** Even if he were Kratos can fly and is super fast and can just dodge untill Link loses his magic... that is to say if link even gets the chance to use each item... which I doubt. He would be limbless the second he comes across Kratos unless he was using each item (which.. come on... how often is link just going to use a special milk like that) on something else.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:
Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:
Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:

Link could win a fight but nothing can annihilate Kratos he won't stay dead

Kratos does stay dead if you get rid of his drive to live.

Or just use the Triforce to keep him dead.  The Triforce is far above anything in the GOW world.

I guess if he wanted, he could turn Hades into a realm where you don't hold on to your corporeal form.

He wouldn't even have to do that.  He could just make it so that "kratos stays dead" and he would.

Saying Kratos would win here is like saying Wolverine would beat Molecule Man in a fight... it's that ridiculious.

With the Triforce link basically isn't a god.  He's basically THE god.

But even as a God how many times has he had to fight the same people over and over again?  You would think if Link was capable of doing it he would have done it already. 

Capable of doing what?  He's only held the entire triforce once.

and he's also only ever fought ganon once technically, as each new Link is a new reincarnation.

oh I thought some were true sequals meaning that Link wasn't capable of just fixing the world so that it was all good and nothing bad happens again.  Having not played them I wasn't sure. 

Manly I was getting at is that at the end of a Legend of Zelda game there will be another and Link will have to fight all over again.  Vs God of war games where when he's killed gods' they stay dead.  So I was useing that as a way of saying Link isn't able to finish a fight off for good. 

Nobody can fix the world so that bad never happens again.  Afterall Link has omnipotent powers but is still mortal.  Also, if you created a world where nothing bad ever happened... you would have no world.  Nobody would have any personality or free will.

They all happen in the same world... but the link is different every time... outside of a couple games.  Adventures of Link for example.

Also, the gods in god of war are well... weak.  Not all "gods" are created equal.   I've mentioned it before in the thread, but if you took say... Thor from Marvel comics, and through him into the GOW universe he'd DESTROY all of the GOW gods fairly eaisly.

I think you have that backwards if you took the Gods from the GOW univeres and through them into Marvel he'd destroy them.  When it comes to fights like this home turf advantage = win for the home team since it's their universe their universes rules. 

Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:
Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:
Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:
Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:

Link could win a fight but nothing can annihilate Kratos he won't stay dead

Kratos does stay dead if you get rid of his drive to live.

Or just use the Triforce to keep him dead.  The Triforce is far above anything in the GOW world.

I guess if he wanted, he could turn Hades into a realm where you don't hold on to your corporeal form.

He wouldn't even have to do that.  He could just make it so that "kratos stays dead" and he would.

Saying Kratos would win here is like saying Wolverine would beat Molecule Man in a fight... it's that ridiculious.

With the Triforce link basically isn't a god.  He's basically THE god.

But even as a God how many times has he had to fight the same people over and over again?  You would think if Link was capable of doing it he would have done it already. 

and he's also only ever fought ganon once technically, as each new Link is a new reincarnation.

oh I thought some were true sequals meaning that Link wasn't capable of just fixing the world so that it was all good and nothing bad happens again.  Having not played them I wasn't sure. 

Manly I was getting at is that at the end of a Legend of Zelda game there will be another and Link will have to fight all over again.  Vs God of war games where when he's killed gods' they stay dead.  So I was useing that as a way of saying Link isn't able to finish a fight off for good. 

Nobody can fix the world so that bad never happens again.  Afterall Link has omnipotent powers but is still mortal.  Also, if you created a world where nothing bad ever happened... you would have no world.  Nobody would have any personality or free will.

They all happen in the same world... but the link is different every time... outside of a couple games.  Adventures of Link for example.

Also, the gods in god of war are well... weak.  Not all "gods" are created equal.   I've mentioned it before in the thread, but if you took say... Thor from Marvel comics, and through him into the GOW universe he'd DESTROY all of the GOW gods fairly eaisly.

I think you have that backwards if you took the Gods from the GOW univeres and through them into Marvel he'd destroy them.  When it comes to fights like this home turf advantage = win for the home team since it's their universe their universes rules. 

Not at all.  Thor would still have all his Thor powers fine.  It's not their universes rules at all.

Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:

I guess that's kind of fair, but so far nothing in the universe has been able to kill Ganon for good. He's been incinerated, impaled, stabbed in the face, and even totally-for-sure killed a few times, but he always comes back through sheer force of will, sometimes forging himself a new body with no explanation as to how he did it.

Isn't that becuase Ganon himself used the Triforce and the Triforce makes it so the User can't die until their wish is fufilled?

Ganon made himself the proverbial rock that god can't life.  Hence why you need to subdue him in other ways.

This is much more powerful then say, Kratos desire to keep coming back to life.

So just a part of the triforce can stop the whole trifoce?  Kinda week if you ask me :P

and what made the triforce?  From a few things I looked over looks like it was made by gods or goddeses so wouldn't that then only make it a tool with the powers of gods but not the powers of the gods themselves? 

Also, i gotta admit I was wrong... and Khuurtra was right.

I forgot in the original LOZ your collecting the Triforce of Wisdom, which Zelda separated from herself split up and hid across the land because she couldn't beat Ganon in a 1 on 1 fight and wanted to give link an edge.

Link was born with the Triforce of courage inside of him then.

Around the Network
Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:

Isn't that becuase Ganon himself used the Triforce and the Triforce makes it so the User can't die until their wish is fufilled?

Ganon made himself the proverbial rock that god can't life.  Hence why you need to subdue him in other ways.

So just a part of the triforce can stop the whole trifoce?  Kinda week if you ask me :P

and what made the triforce?  From a few things I looked over looks like it was made by gods or goddeses so wouldn't that then only make it a tool with the powers of gods but not the powers of the gods themselves? 

Nah, it's actually the essence of the powers of the gods. And the Triforce goddesses are big league - like, really big, world-shaping big league.

Kasz216 said:

I forgot in the original LOZ your collecting the Triforce of Wisdom, which Zelda separated from herself split up and hid across the land because she couldn't beat Ganon in a 1 on 1 fight and wanted to give link an edge.

Nah, he didn't have the Triforceo f Courage inside of him - he had to find that in the second game.

Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:
Kasz216 said:

I guess that's kind of fair, but so far nothing in the universe has been able to kill Ganon for good. He's been incinerated, impaled, stabbed in the face, and even totally-for-sure killed a few times, but he always comes back through sheer force of will, sometimes forging himself a new body with no explanation as to how he did it.

No.  It was the entire Triforce.

Ganon held the entire Triforce... used it's power... but if you use it's power and you aren't pure of heart, it seperates and you are left with the piece that best represents you.

letsdance said:
Why would link show up in a world he doesn't know exists? See this is end game content your talking about and trying to tie in the stories. This is a fight plain and simple. Just a regular mob or boss link or kratos encounter every game. The cape theory doesnt work as I pointed out with the bombs. The Zelda devs have been short sighted once before. Again if we use logic and ignore the devs with kratos jumping out of bounds we should be able to do it with link as well. He isn't intangible and thats my conclusion. **MINI SPOILER** Even if he were Kratos can fly and is super fast and can just dodge untill Link loses his magic... that is to say if link even gets the chance to use each item... which I doubt. He would be limbless the second he comes across Kratos unless he was using each item (which.. come on... how often is link just going to use a special milk like that) on something else.

The cape theory DOES work... as I replied to you.  You've just been ignoring it ever since I proved you wrong.

Khuutra said:
Kasz216 said:

Nah, he didn't have the Triforceo f Courage inside of him - he had to find that in the second game.

That's a differnet Link though.