By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FF XIII on the PS3 already best selling RPG this gen

CGI-Quality said:
thelifatree said:
CGI-Quality said:
dobby985 said:
Nintendo RPGs and World of Warcraft both say hi!

I'm sure we're strictly speaking consoles, which WoW isn't on. Besides handhelds, what Wii RPG is sitting higher than FFXIII on PS3?

twilight princess.

but that's because Zelda was called an RPG when i was like 10. And I still call it one. :P And think it is

True, forgot about that one, though he said Nintendo RPG(s) now that I look at it.

yeah, that's the only one. All the other ones that have those kinda sales are mostly Mario-related, or wii-fit, or I guess basically everything nintendo makes

Around the Network
Kenology said:
thelifatree said:
Kenology said:
indodude said:
thelifatree said:

what's the nintendo game... that would be... Zelda?, then that would be it. If nintendo made a pokemon game that was good... on wii I'm sure it would be the top.

and oblivion if you combine both is 5.03 is still the top... and probably will be the top if you add PC sales but I couldnt find those here or anywhere, but on consoles FFXIII will likely pass that as its at 4.68 if you combine both.

Zelda is a RPG? News to me.

I've always considered it an ARPG.  But I don't mind it being left out of these discussion for the sake of argument.

I did, too.... because, Ocarina of Time was my favorite game at the time and it was listed as an RPG at (IGN) or (Gamesages) not sure what it was at the time and still games are games. Ocarina of Time was the reason why I started playing final fantasy, because I thought OoT was better than anything else. So I saw FFVII and FFVIII listed as RPG's, Then I started and was like wtf its not zelda, then a couple hours later I loved them anyways.

my life story right there :P

Check this out.

Well I checked it out and it is an interesting find. But I went to the nintendo site (nintendo.com) and look for the The Legend of Zelda (NES), Zelda 2 (NES), Ocarina of Time, Twillight Princess, all the genre for those games says: Adventure or Action/Adventure

riecsou said:
Kenology said:
thelifatree said:
Kenology said:
indodude said:
thelifatree said:

what's the nintendo game... that would be... Zelda?, then that would be it. If nintendo made a pokemon game that was good... on wii I'm sure it would be the top.

and oblivion if you combine both is 5.03 is still the top... and probably will be the top if you add PC sales but I couldnt find those here or anywhere, but on consoles FFXIII will likely pass that as its at 4.68 if you combine both.

I've always considered it an ARPG.  But I don't mind it being left out of these discussion for the sake of argument.

I did, too.... because, Ocarina of Time was my favorite game at the time and it was listed as an RPG at (IGN) or (Gamesages) not sure what it was at the time and still games are games. Ocarina of Time was the reason why I started playing final fantasy, because I thought OoT was better than anything else. So I saw FFVII and FFVIII listed as RPG's, Then I started and was like wtf its not zelda, then a couple hours later I loved them anyways.

Check this out.

Well I checked it out and it is an interesting find. But I went to the nintendo site (nintendo.com) and look for the The Legend of Zelda (NES), Zelda 2 (NES), Ocarina of Time, Twillight Princess, all the genre for those games says: Adventure or Action/Adventure

Okay I guess you win. Because, well I guess out of all the sources they're the most credible... as in better than me

I thought we had already confirmed that ME2 sold 6.6 million!

Anyway, I'm disappointed that such an unspectacular game is the top selling console rpg of this generation. It wasn't even the best rpg I played last year (I bought the JP version in 2009, so I call it a 2009 game).

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Not deserved though. I am really forcing me trough it.

Around the Network
riecsou said:
Kenology said:
thelifatree said:
Kenology said:
indodude said:
thelifatree said:

Check this out.

Yeah, but on the box of Ocarina of Time it reads "Genre: 3D ActionRPG".  Nintendo isn't consistent with this themselves.

smbu2000 said:

I thought we had already confirmed that ME2 sold 6.6 million!

Anyway, I'm disappointed that such an unspectacular game is the top selling console rpg of this generation. It wasn't even the best rpg I played last year (I bought the JP version in 2009, so I call it a 2009 game).

I disagree as it is my favorite

But Super Mario Brothers Wii, is nowhere near the best platformer this gen, Galaxy, or Little Big Planet is

Moder Warfare 2, is now nowhere near the best shooter out there, Team Fortress 2, Battlefied, hell probably more.

so it fits the trend

It would have been higher if FXIII was a better game.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

there is a reason why FFX sold well.

It started huge, was well liked and its stayed strong for months...

Undying said:
It would have been higher if FXIII was a better game.

well, with FF that's probably true, but the game I thought was the best isn't the best seller.

But generally if it was a better game for any game it would sell better :P

But okami's a damn good game and it sold turd