By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2: How better will PS3 port be compared to Xbox360?

You won't know which version is better at this point in time. Crytek says that both console versions are identical but we all know they won't be. And anything thing could happen. For example Crytek might do a crap job of the PS3 version and make a good X360 version then X360 would look better and if it was the other way round, then the outcome is reversed.

So until Crytek shows off both PS3 and X360 versions of Crysis 2 running on each console, we can't make a fair judgment or guess.

Around the Network

Seeing as how Crysis is a benchmark game for high end graphics cards, I assume the crytek develpers are used to making games utilising graphics hardware rather than processing power.

Since the 360 has a better Graphics card than the PS3 and the better graphics are achieved on the PS3 by taking advantage of the cell processor I'd assume that PS3 would get the inferior end of the stick graphics wise as the crytek guys won't be used to trying to utilise a CPU for better graphics.

So I'd imagine the 360 version would look better than the PS3, but the PS3 have better physics and AI processing.

Then again Crytek aren't just making a game to sell, they're making a flagship game to sell their engine, so it'd better make full use of all the platforms and I can't see them skipping out on making best use of the cell processor. On one hand you'll have Microsoft upping cryteks bank accounts to make their engine run the same, or better on the 360, and on the other hand you'll have crytek wanting to make the best engine possible to make the most money selling it, if the engine isn't as good as UE3 on the PS3 then they'll lose out.

So I dunno, lol.

-Insert PSN Portable ID here-

-Insert XBL Portable ID here-

-Insert Witty Quote/Comment here-

Cross-X said:
You won't know which version is better at this point in time. Crytek says that both console versions are identical but we all know they won't be. And anything thing could happen. For example Crytek might do a crap job of the PS3 version and make a good X360 version then X360 would look better and if it was the other way round, then the outcome is reversed.

So until Crytek shows off both PS3 and X360 versions of Crysis 2 running on each console, we can't make a fair judgment or guess.

From different thread:

Crytek has admitted that its getting "slightly more performance" out of the PS3 version of Crysis 2 than the Xbox 360 edition.

However, the studio's business development boss Carl Jones said he was confident the game would become the best-looking title "on every platform".

The studio has previously revealed that it overcame problems squeezing the game's massive CryEngine 3 onto console.

However, it went on to claim that the game's graphics were the best you'd ever see on console - something CVG's own experience of the Xbox 360 version backed up.

Our man Ryan saw just a snippet of gameplay running on PS3, and said it looked exactly the same as the 360 version. But now it appears that over the course of the title, Sony's system might have the edge.

Jones added that Crytek had no difficulty developing for the PS3 in comparison to the 360.

"We haven't found it more difficult to develop for PS3," he told CVG sister magazine PSM3.

"We're lucky in the fact that we've come to the generation slightly later than other people - the ones who were trying to build the first technology and games were surprised at how different the PS3 was. We took our time and worked out the right way to approach it.

"At the moment, we're getting slightly more performance from PS3 compared to 360. I'm very confident that products using CryEngine 3 are going to come out as the best looking, or at least in the top three, on every platform."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=242728

What a co insidence, there was a thread questioning how the ps3 version of crysis runs in comparison to the 360 well here's the latest update by crytek.

EDIT* http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=106893&page=2

here's the thread

Ill believe Crysis 2 is the console graphics king when i see gameplay on my TV. Until then Long Live the King Sam Fisher!!

Why do you ONLY come out of the woodwork to make these kind of threads?? They all seem to be made with flamebait in mind .....

OT anyway, some devs are still making multiplats look better on 360 than PS3 (Bayonetta) with the devs previously working with PC and the 360 being PC friendly, I doubt there will be any sort of noticable gap, as with the majority of multiplats.

In fact I can't think of any PS3 multiplat that outdoes the 360 version by any decent margin ... though I'm sure someone will correct me on that now

Around the Network
Garnett said:

Long Live the King Sam Fisher!!

JimmyRay said:
Seeing as how Crysis is a benchmark game for high end graphics cards, I assume the crytek develpers are used to making games utilising graphics hardware rather than processing power.

Since the 360 has a better Graphics card than the PS3 and the better graphics are achieved on the PS3 by taking advantage of the cell processor I'd assume that PS3 would get the inferior end of the stick graphics wise as the crytek guys won't be used to trying to utilise a CPU for better graphics.

So I'd imagine the 360 version would look better than the PS3, but the PS3 have better physics and AI processing.

Actually the advantage for the Xbox 360 here is that Crytek games are shader heavy and the game has dynamic time of day. The Xbox 360 GPU can deal with lengthy shader instructions a lot more efficiently than the PS3's GPU can and in addition to this since the developer cannot rely on pre-baking the lighting into the textures they do not need to use multiple different textures to account for various lighting conditions which removes any advantage Blu Ray may have offered.

They are using both CPUs effectively, theres no question there. However most of the pure flop differences are accounted for in the Cell processor assisting the GPU and in the latency of these dependant operations.

Tease.