By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft begins hype: Gears of War 3 to "biggest blockbuster" of 2011

It's really one of the only announced games for 2011 though, so that really isn't saying much.

Then again.. KILLZONE 3 and RESISTANCE 3 may see a 2011 release..

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
It's really one of the only announced games for 2011 though, so that really isn't saying much.

Then again.. KILLZONE 3 and RESISTANCE 3 may see a 2011 release..

Did either Killzone 2 or Resistance 2 even sell 5 million?  Now sure how either of those could be considered bigger than Gears 3.

Biggest blockbuster probably...for the mainstream folks.

I'm personally thinking versus XIII (if it has good advertising) to be the big game of 2011. I mean its been in development for like 4+ years?

tuscaniman said:
Wagram said:
While I think it will be kick ass. There is no way it will be better than VS XIII.

Seeing as you can't compare an RPG to a TPS you can't say. But if you could compare VS XIII better be alot better then FFXIII because Gears is a much better game than FFXIII.

The two games are not being directly compared; it has nothing to do with which one is the better game. It is about the biggest blockbuster. Modern Warfare was definitely a bigger blockbuster than Dragon Age origins after all.

Plus you're contradicting yourself. You say "you can't compare an RPG to a TPS" only to go on to say "Gears is a much better game than FFXIII"

Wagram said:
While I think it will be kick ass. There is no way it will be better than VS XIII.

VS XIII is coming out next year and will have a multiplayer component built in?  Do you know any single-player only games that top the sales of games with mutliplayer content?

Around the Network

OH just PR. If they didn't say it was going to be the biggest blockbuster of the year it came out then I'd be worried about the state of their PR haha.

But right now don't really no much about releases in 2011. Gears of War 3 right now is the only one that even has a firm release date in 2011 aside some other releases such as The Grinder. We could speculate about certain titles and of course later release titles this year.

It will obviously be a big hit, but "biggest" games nowadays is a high standard. With NSMB Wii and MW2 last year, I mean Gears 3 may have to put up big numbers like that to be the "biggest blockbuster" of the year. But given the larger userbase of the 360 maybe it can have better legs and get some big numbers. We'll know more about 2011 releases after E3 though.

I heard it was renamed to Gears of Grey 3
any conform?

At present there isn't a single announced property or likely to be delayed property which is slated for 2011 and is bigger. Im presuming they are ignoring Nintendo as is typical of these big and bold statements.

Tease.

It will be for me, I don't care what everyone else thinks.

Waaayyy too early for me. Serious promo though. Dom looked pretty P'd.

I'm with Irish (p1) on better but the LT nos. might be similar. Is Versus an rpg or an online, coop, fight... thingy? Nomb really.

Sorry pilat did you ask for chloroform?