By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Cliffy B speaks about Gears of War 3's visuals.

not real time, obviously based on the statement so are these pointless arguements really called for?

Around the Network

You're not going to "push" any console with the overabuses Unreal engine. Sure it looks good, but I mean, everytime a Gears came out, a few months later, something better looking came out. Watch it happen with GeoW3

thekitchensink said:
tuscaniman said:
leo-j said:
JaggedSac said:
leo-j said:
JaggedSac said:

What about musically?

Music is subjective

I was just joking, but if you want to be a stickler, any art is subjective, including a games graphics.

I know you were joking, and yes anything on earth can be subjective.

Actually you're wrong. 2+2 can't be subjective. The answer is 4 in case you didn't know.

Actually, 2+2=Fish.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_does_2_plus_2_equal_fish

pwned

will they be the best graphics on the 360. probably yes.
best graphics for any console game this gen no.

i think kz3 will top it in graphics, it will have better graphics then kz2,uc2, but i don't think that it will top GOW3. the game looks amazing, the backgrounds could and probably would be better, but kratos is and will be the best looking character this gen. he looks amazing the cutscenes.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Sigh, let's just wait and see until we get some confirmed in-game footage. The trailer was typical Epic, which is a very good thing since they've given us that insane "mad world"-trailer, but to base any comparison on that trailer... is a bit overboard (on either side).

Let's just wait for the screenshots and in-game footage.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
You're not going to "push" any console with the overabuses Unreal engine. Sure it looks good, but I mean, everytime a Gears came out, a few months later, something better looking came out. Watch it happen with GeoW3

This is true :).

The trailer looked exceptional, but no where in hell near the graphical quality of God of War 3, Uncharted 2 or Killzone 2.

This doesn't mean that the graphics sucked though, probably will have the best graphics on the 360 by far once it comes out.

BMaker11 said:
thekitchensink said:
tuscaniman said:
leo-j said:
JaggedSac said:
leo-j said:
JaggedSac said:

What about musically?

Music is subjective

I was just joking, but if you want to be a stickler, any art is subjective, including a games graphics.

I know you were joking, and yes anything on earth can be subjective.

Actually you're wrong. 2+2 can't be subjective. The answer is 4 in case you didn't know.

Actually, 2+2=Fish.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_does_2_plus_2_equal_fish

pwned

Not pwned that was just an idiotic reply to my obvious and undebatable answer. I also hope you live in Indy or you can go right ahead and change your forum pic of Peyton. We don't need anymore bandwagon jumpers. There are already enough to go around. Yes I live in Indy so don't bother asking.

Couple problems in this thread.

1st. The trailer has AWESOME graphics period. Are they the best? Certainly debatable, but what isn't debatable saying the trailer is "meh", "alright", "not very good", etc. Those people are in fact wrong. I personally don't think the trailer beats Uncharted 2 technically, (though miles better artistically) but it looks far from just ok.

2nd. We haven't even seen a true in game sequence yet. We can't really judge anything because quite frankly we don't know what the game truly looks like. However, Epic has a long histroy of developing fantastic graphics so I"m gonna go ahead and assume Gears 3 will look great.

3rd. The game is a year away. In a development cycle of any game the last things really pushed and focused on are things like textures and graphics. The finishing touches if you will. We still have a LONG time before we truly know what the game is capable of.

Glad to see we're talking about graphics of a game a full year away based on a minute long teaser trailer. Some of you need to get a grip.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
Glad to see we're talking about graphics of a game a full year away based on a minute long teaser trailer. Some of you need to get a grip.

Exactly, but to a degree I somewhat understand why people are interested, after all Gears 2 is a graphical beast and to this day one of the top 5 best looking 360 games.  Also Gears is a franchise with massive hype around it so its not all that surprising.