By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Cliffy B speaks about Gears of War 3's visuals.

Isn;t there a danger that if 360 games are trying so hard to compete with ps3 in the graphics departments that other things will start to get sacrificed due to the limited dvd storage? If the 360 has better graphical properties then how come the best looking games are on the ps3 despite it being out a year later. The PS3 will always have the advantage get over it.

Around the Network
pauly989 said:
Isn;t there a danger that if 360 games are trying so hard to compete with ps3 in the graphics departments that other things will start to get sacrificed due to the limited dvd storage? If the 360 has better graphical properties then how come the best looking games are on the ps3 despite it being out a year later. The PS3 will always have the advantage get over it.

Nobody said the 360 was trying hard to compete with PS3 in the graphics department. Its PS3 owners like you who have made it a competition. And do yourself a favor and watch some Alan Wake gameplay. Looks as good as any PS3 game out there. Get over it.

pauly989 said:

the 360 doesn't have better graphical properties, whoever said that is wrong. it has abetter gpu (graphics processor) but the psr's cpu is better and more advanced then the one of the the 360 ( the xenon cpu) which includes three "cores" one is a gpu ( the gpu is part of the cpu) and the other cores take care of whatever specific jobs they have. the ps3 has a gpu and a cpu with 1 core 8 subsections one which doesn't do anything and is their for ( i have no idea), the "core" has specific jobs, ps3 multiplats only use the work, it has a big role, but it's the 7 sub sections which it possible to use all of the power of the ps3 and making it graphically superior to the ps3. that is why it takes more time developing on the ps3 because of those 7 subsections ( which sony paid 400 million dollars to aqquire that technology, we can say it was a failed investment sales wise) and that is why games like kz2, uc2,mgs4,gow3, are better then all multiplats on the ps3, and are in the top 5 games graphicly ( gears of war 2 joins them).

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

So 'the list' is back.

leo-j said:
starcraft said:
That trailer looked better than anything currently on any console, quite comfortably in fact.

The question is, was it real-time...

"Uncharted 2, Gears 2, Killzone 2, and I honestly think none of them hold a candle to that trailer"

Did you play on an SD tv and a console with a bricked graphic's card? No way does that trailer look anywhere near as good as either KZ2 or Uncharted

I agree with you.  That trailer does not compare to uncharted or KZ2.  Let's admit something here people, the ps3 will always be graphically superior than the 360 and thats a fact.  I'll be buying the game anyways(if it is good, then again then chances of it not being good are really low).

Currently playing

MLB 09: The Show(PS3)

Around the Network

People arguing over such minute details...

Does Uncharted 2 look better? yes. Is it a lot better? no, it's marginal at best.

Xmanny2009X said:
leo-j said:
starcraft said:
That trailer looked better than anything currently on any console, quite comfortably in fact.

"Uncharted 2, Gears 2, Killzone 2, and I honestly think none of them hold a candle to that trailer"

Did you play on an SD tv and a console with a bricked graphic's card? No way does that trailer look anywhere near as good as either KZ2 or Uncharted

I agree with you.  That trailer does not compare to uncharted or KZ2.  Let's admit something here people, the ps3 will always be graphically superior than the 360 and thats a fact.  I'll be buying the game anyways(if it is good, then again then chances of it not being good are really low).

Can you tell me this Fridays winning Euromillions lottery numbers?

I'm not greedy, a tenner will do.

edit: double post

Lord Flashheart said:
Xmanny2009X said:
leo-j said:
starcraft said:

Can you tell me this Fridays winning Euromillions lottery numbers?

I'm not greedy, a tenner will do.

You better B-E-L-I-E-V-E he can 

:)

Found the video from your gif Garnett.
Wow.
You should replace it with the mortal kombat remake.