By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Cliffy B speaks about Gears of War 3's visuals.

By the notion that some people thought it was CG I could tell it had been improved.

Around the Network

cool, game will hopefully look and play superbly!

They're too used to modelling guys. The woman on the "Ashes to ashes" trailer didn't look quite as polished.

as expected. can't wait to see real-time footage.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

That trailer looked better than anything currently on any console, quite comfortably in fact.

The question is, was it real-time...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

i think that the trailer was in-game, but, yeah the game improved a lot...i hope they got rid of the blurry draw distance.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

very cool, cant wait too see what this awesome game will look like.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

CGI-Quality said:
starcraft said:
That trailer looked better than anything currently on any console, quite comfortably in fact.

I disagree with that and it was running on the engine: (ie) not CGI. But it wasn't in-game.

Eh, I'm rewatching the trailer and going through the usual suspects in my head (KZ2, Uncharted 2, Mass Effect 2 and Gears 2) and to be honest I don't think any of them hold a candle to what is in that trailer.  It is possible that Uncharted 2 and ME2 have character models and detailed and interesting, but again I don't really think so and the surrounds aren't nearly as nice.

But like I said, even "in-engine" these days doesn't always translate into "looks sick playing on a console."

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
CGI-Quality said:
starcraft said:

I disagree with that and it was running on the engine: (ie) not CGI. But it wasn't in-game.

Eh, I'm rewatching the trailer and going through the usual suspects in my head (KZ2, Uncharted 2, Mass Effect 2 and Gears 2) and to be honest I don't think any of them hold a candle to what is in that trailer.  It is possible that Uncharted 2 and ME2 have character models and detailed and interesting, but again I don't really think so and the surrounds aren't nearly as nice.

But like I said, even "in-engine" these days doesn't always translate into "looks sick playing on a console."

lol what no gow3(God Of War 3)

I wasnt even blown away by the trailer it looked,meh to me

That's insane for real time.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB