By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Study: PS3 Has Highest Percentage Of Connected Consoles

psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
There have been so many thread killed early by people you expect to behave, but over and over these threads are derailed and frankly no conversation can be had in this site anymore.

I've not derailed anything, I've responded to the deceptive title ......

Did you click on the source? It's the same title used on the website.

Study: PS3 has the highest percentage of connected consoles. Why is that so so diificult to deal with, they did not say PS3 has more consoles connnected nor more people online.

Yeah, it's still deceptive :-S and I can deal with the PS3 userbase being more into online than Xbox lol ..

Around the Network
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
There have been so many thread killed early by people you expect to behave, but over and over these threads are derailed and frankly no conversation can be had in this site anymore.

Study: PS3 has the highest percentage of connected consoles. Why is that so so diificult to deal with, they did not say PS3 has more consoles connnected nor more people online.

Well not nessisarily.

Since it appears they only asked people with broadband connections.  For this to be true we have to assume that the percentage of people who have broadband connections between all 3 consoles is consistant.

Which honestly is a stretch. 

Considering the PS3 was originally purchased ironically by poorer people (despite being the most expensive by far) It's entirely possible the PS3 has less people overall who even have a broadband connection.

79% of PS3 owners with broadband have their PS3's hooked up... but only 20% of PS3 owners could have broadbancd.

While 73% of 360 owners with broadband have their 360's hooped up... and 30% of 360 owners have broadband.

That would actually make 360 have the higher percentage of broadband connections.

This survey is largely meaningless without more numbers to put it in context.

Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:

Yeah, it's still deceptive :-S and I can deal with the PS3 userbase being more into online than Xbox lol ..

No, you can't. You couldnt wait to proove how wrong the research actual researchers made so you can feel better.

Again, the study never said PS3 userbase being more into online, it says connected which is understandle since the PS3 comes with Wifi.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:

No, you can't. You couldnt wait to proove how wrong the research actual researchers made so you can feel better.

Again, the study never said PS3 userbase being more into online, it says connected which is understandle since the PS3 comes with Wifi.

Don't make assumptions about me psrock, I knew the title was wrong as soon as I read it. It doesn't make me "feel better" in any way .....

Well I don't have any issues on how the poll was conducted. Should be asking people that have the ability to connect to broadband. But it is deceptive because this does not guarantee that PS3 has the highest percentage of connected consoles. And I don't blame the thread creator but gamasutra for not doing simply analysis to figure that out. Obviously if we can figure that out at first look, you would think they would be able too.

Other than that, I think if anything this just shows how many people do connect their systems online when they get them. The online section of gaming is gaining momentum and would implicate that systems in the future will rely on the internet more with their systems. But also need to be weary that playing out of the box is an important function.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:

Well not nessisarily.

Since it appears they only asked people with broadband connections.  For this to be true we have to assume that the percentage of people who have broadband connections between all 3 consoles is consistant.

Considering the PS3 was originally purchased ironically by poorer people (despite being the most expensive by far) It's entirely possible the PS3 has less people overall who even have a broadband connection.

79% of PS3 owners with broadband have their PS3's hooked up... but only 20% of PS3 owners could have broadbancd.

While 73% of 360 owners with broadband have their 360's hooped up... and 30% of 360 owners have broadband.

That would actually make 360 have the higher percentage of broadband connections.

Frankly you need to site where you are getting these infos.

BTW, can you connect the PS3 to any other type of internet ?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Derailed topic is derailed by those who should know better but act otherwise..sigh...really can't we have a normal discussion around here?

ANyways WELL DONE PS3! You have come back into the game and come back good and even random studies show that....so keep kicking butt of those kept crying you were dead lol

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

psrock said:
Kasz216 said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:

Well not nessisarily.

Frankly you need to site where you are getting these infos.

BTW, can you connect the PS3 to any other type of internet ?

What info?  It says in the original article they only interviewed people with broadband connections.  Thereby making the study meaningless.

If it's the affluent thing...

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/products/2007-07-26-572990923_x.htm

Having trouble finding the source artlce, but back then it did go Wii, 360, PS3... with the likely reason being PS3 sales were fueled by conspicious consumption.

Not surprising...

Having the wireless built in probably helps.

As well, with online being free it encourages connectivity.

Squilliam said:
So a wireless connection is at best worth 5% or 1/20 people connecting to the internet who may have otherwise not? I can see now why they didn't include it.

or it might be about including 20$ technology and not charging an outragous 100$ for it