By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Study: PS3 Has Highest Percentage Of Connected Consoles

psrock said:
There have been so many thread killed early by people you expect to behave, but over and over these threads are derailed and frankly no conversation can be had in this site anymore.

I've not derailed anything, I've responded to the deceptive title ......

Around the Network

i don't get why this was derailed too fast and i don't get why some people are crying about it all i can say is read the fucking article.

"Diffusion Group's survey polled 2,000 adult broadband users in the U.S."

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Seece said:

Percentage of conected consoles in America (roughly)

PS3 - 23%

Xbox 360 - 37%

Wii - 39.6%

Just for anyone that wanted to know ^^

I don't think you can even take that from it... the survey was of "2,000 broadband users"

In other words people who bought consoles who don't have broadband were not included.

In fact it says "Adult broadband users".... I suspect that is only because it is the adults paying the ISP though, so that is not neccesarily only adult gamers included.

Severance said:
i don't get why this was derailed too fast and i don't get why some people are crying about it all i can say is read the fucking article.

"Diffusion Group's survey polled 2,000 adult broadband users in the U.S."

derailed? More like super debunked by Seece and Serverance now...2000 "broadband" users is not enough for good data. What a waste of fucking survey time. I'd like to meet the retard that green lighted this idea.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

TWRoO said:
Seece said:

PS3 - 23%

Xbox 360 - 37%

Wii - 39.6%

I don't think you can even take that from it... the survey was of "2,000 broadband users"

In other words people who bought consoles who don't have broadband were not included.

You're right it's a poxy sample, from that though it shows the PS3 does not have the highest percentage of connected consoles.

Around the Network
Seece said:
TWRoO said:
Seece said:

PS3 - 23%

Xbox 360 - 37%

Wii - 39.6%

You're right it's a poxy sample, from that though it shows the PS3 does not have the highest percentage of connected consoles.

You should restructure that sentence really... because it doesn't show that at all.

It doesn't prove that a higher percentage of American PS3 owners connect online.... but it certainly doesn't disprove it either.

The likely reality is that the PS3 DOES have the higher percentage of it's owners online, though this survey doesn't prove anything, for the PS3 to not have the higher percentage it would have to be selling more consoles (comparitively) than the X360 to non-broadband users.

Such an ego booster! I'm so proud of myself as a PS3 owner!

TWRoO said:
Seece said:
TWRoO said:
Seece said:

PS3 - 23%

Xbox 360 - 37%

Wii - 39.6%

You should restructure that sentence really... because it doesn't show that at all.

It doesn't prove that a higher percentage of American PS3 owners connect online.... but it certainly doesn't disprove it either.

The likely reality is that the PS3 DOES have the higher percentage of it's owners online, though this survey doesn't prove anything, for the PS3 to not have the higher percentage it would have to be selling more consoles (comparitively) than the X360 to non-broadband users.

Yeah sorry I forgot to finish my sentance lol, this entire thread is just useless then?

RolStoppable said:
Seece, your maths is wrong because this is USA only. The PS3 has the lowest amount of connected consoles without a doubt, but 360 vs. Wii might be close.

Someone do the maths.

You and your maths

Seece said:
psrock said:
There have been so many thread killed early by people you expect to behave, but over and over these threads are derailed and frankly no conversation can be had in this site anymore.

I've not derailed anything, I've responded to the deceptive title ......

Did you click on the source? It's the same title used on the website.

Study: PS3 has the highest percentage of connected consoles. Why is that so so diificult to deal with, they did not say PS3 has more consoles connnected nor more people online.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)