By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Modnation Racer or Split Second

I'm more of a kart racer fan so Split/Second was never really a consideration for me though I do know about it.

The only issues I had with Modnation during the beta were technical problems that I heard have been dealt with for the more recent versions so I'm really looking forward to it.

Around the Network
Frank_kc said:
Binary,

Here is a link about split second, the concept is new in racing games, it does look interesting indeed:

http://disney.go.com/disneyinteractivestudios/splitsecond/

OK. Having seen that I'm not quite sure why there's a comparison with MNR. They don't exactly occupy the same sub-genre. It's more like Split Second vs. whatever the next Burnout game will be. Are they really even competing directly with significant numbers of consumers?

Anyhoo, after having seen the trailer, and recognising that SS looks like it could be quite an intense game, I'm gonna stick with MNR for now.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Splitsecond for the mofo win!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Modnation!

Modnation, although I probably will buy split second.

Around the Network

@binary solo: they're being compared because they release in the same week. Although, if I was to compare then it would be between MNR and Blur - both kart racers. Anyways, MNR for me!

Split/Second doesn't look that good to me so I'll say ModNation.

I've been wanting a fun kart game for the PS3.

Modnation Racer because:
- Fun design.
- Kart Game.
- Up to 4 players slit screen (Offline).
- Up to 2 players split screen (Online) against other players.
- The amount of customization (cars, avatars, tracks, etc.)

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

MODNATION FTW! That game is going to be amazing, mark my words

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I'm getting both on there respective releases, but if I had to choose one I'd go with Modnation racers. Split/Second will probably follow suit with Disneys previous racing titles, very linear and lacking depth. Pure for example is a great game but after the short, linear campaign is over there isn't all that much left to do.

Modnations core gameplay doesn't look quite as good as split seconds, but with the play create share it'll be constantly fresh with content and indefinitely enjoyable.