By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will dominate E3?

Who will dominate E3?

Microsoft 32 15.69%

Sony 96 47.06%

Nintendo 75 36.76%

EA 0 0%

UbiSoft 0 0%

Activision 0 0%

Total:203

Alright with all of the muscle flexing Microsoft and Sony have been doing and the lack of flexing Nintendo has been doing has got me wondering who's E3 showing is going to dominate E3 2010. We all know that Microsoft and Nintendo exec's have both claimed 2010 will be the biggest year for both platforms respectively.

Microsoft has announced Halo:Reach, Fable3 for this fall however OXM Europe claims that they will reveal 3 of the biggest titles in 360 history next month. Then Microsoft also has Natal coming this fall. Rumours are going mad at what Microsoft has in store for us and Microsoft put the topping on the cake when they announced that X-Box and Natal were going to have seperate conferances. Having a seperate conferance for Natal makes me wonder just how many titles will be availible at launch and how those titles unvielings at E3 will affect the shows out come.

Sony has already stunned the world by releasing a big flagship title GodOfWar3 in the early part of 2010. This means Sony has another possibly bigger title to be revealed at E3 2010. Not only that but Sony stated publicaly that they will be getting an exclusive third party title on the PS3 as popular and big as Microsoft's origional DLC deal for GTA4 was. Sony claims that this new deal could possibly even be bigger then the GTA deal, apparently we'll hear about it at E3. Then theirs Sony's copy of the Wiimote launching this year, Sony has claimed that the Move will have a robust launch line-up.

Nintendo seems out gunned so far by its rivals but it won't be gunshy this E3. Nintendo has confirmed that the 3DS and new LegendOfZelda will both be present at Nintendo E3 2010 show. The 3DS is supposed to utalize the very first real 3D screen requiring no glasses this will be huge for Nintendo. Then Nintendo's LegendOfZelda will also be huge and with Mario and Metroid launched mid 2010 Nintendo probubly has a couple more suprises instore. Then lets not forget the Vitality Sensor Nintendo's newest controller which will compete against Natal and Move for room in the showfloor line-up.

Lastly EA, UbiSoft, Activision. I know EA and UbiSoft both had press conferances at the last E3. I think given Activision's growing success they too might have a show this E3. Could the third parties give the first parties any competition at this years show? We can expect the new CallOfDuty from Activision and several big titles from UbiSoft and EA.

So with all three companies coming into this years E3 guns blazing who will come out victorious this E3?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

well all 3 will have a big showing.

sony will show best games, so i predict it will be SONY > MICROSOFT > NINTENDO

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I think it'll be pretty close this year but I honestly think Nintendo will come out on top.

I don't think any of them will "dominate" E3

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

none you know why? I have a feeling this year E3 is gonna be full of casual games and shovle wares for each 3 companys moition controls.

Around the Network

Sony will dominate, like every year...

Microsoft, obviously. They're showing so much stuff they need TWO conferences.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Nintendo will have the better showing it seems. Zelda is too much for everything else to matter.. LOL!!I mean its wat the hardcore crowd wants to see along with Miyamoto giving a demo on the game, that will surely steal the show..
@Joelcool7, "Sony stated publicaly that they will be getting an exclusive third party title on the PS3 as popular and big as Microsoft's origional DLC deal for GTA4 was" , you got a link for that?

With Zelda and 3DS it seems like Nintendo has it in the bag. But MS and Sony might blow us away with their new controllers.

Would Say Nintendo but they have Been Boring At e3 the Last Few years IMO, But Zelda FTW!
Between MS and Sony, I think Sony will out do MS this year.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords