By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft promises Milo is the next step.

Just for those that don't know (not me, lol), you should tell us what Milo was and why it was so impressive.

Around the Network

That Milo demo was lame though many will disagree with me.

it means they will show it off more in a couple days. didnt you see the link where people were impressed about peter's "sercret" project. he also sais he will show it off in a few

CGI-Quality said:
ultima said:

Just for those that don't know (not me, lol), you should tell us what Milo was and why it was so impressive.

It was a demonstration of how Natal can display a new kind of interaction between human being and virtual being. It was nothing short of groundbreaking.

OK, I just checked it out on YouTube, but I simply cannot believe that's realtime. And this has nothing to do with current gen limitations; that kind of AI won't be seen for a while...

CGI-Quality said:
gurglesletch said:

What didn't you like about it?

It was all smoke and mirrors. I do not believe that technology is to the point of where the demo was trying to show us it was.

Around the Network

Replace Milo with some nice D-cup girl and I am sold.

It was smoke and mirrors, Something like that will take YEARS to build, and even still it will be shitty like the Hey you pikachu game.

They have to make Milo recognize every single word in the world, that will take a long time, then emotions. This will take a while.

i hope milo is coming this gen because it was truly amazing to see in motion.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

CGI-Quality said:
gurglesletch said:
CGI-Quality said:
gurglesletch said:

What didn't you like about it?

It was all smoke and mirrors. I do not believe that technology is to the point of where the demo was trying to show us it was.

I keep hearing this. Was it confirmed to not be realtime?

I'll re word it if you like. It was a specially designed thing that responded to a few words and gestures.

The Milo demo is impressive but you have to remember this, Milo recongizes your voice and adapts to it. If I am pissed the AI reacts to that etc!