By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Predict Uncharted and Mass Effect first week numbers

I think only shooters can break 300k mark on Xbox360, my guess ~200k.
As for Uncharted ~150k seems quite good.

Around the Network

Assassins creed launched at 585k on week one. Thats not a shooter. Theres a bunch of other games that are not shooters that also launched above 200k but Im not gonna waste my time listing them

Didnt Guitar hero also launch at 800k on week one for the 360 also? Not a shooter

all i can do is hope mass effect breaks 500k, it deserves it big time

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
eugene said:
Assassins creed launched at 585k on week one. Thats not a shooter. Theres a bunch of other games that are not shooters that also launched above 200k but Im not gonna waste my time listing them

I stand corrected.

Around the Network

MASS EFFECT deserves MUCH MORE than HALO 3 has got

I hope atleast 1st week is 500K +

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

very unpredictable.
Mass effect - 150-350k.
Uncharted - 100-250k.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Uncharted, I hope, lands somewhere between 100k-150k, but I would like it to sit somewhere between 150k-200k. If it is less than 100k, I spit in the direction of all PS3 owners who didn't buy the game, especially those lurking on VGC!

Mass Effect should pull in about 300k-500k, I think.

cool48 said:
Mass Effect will sell way less than Assassin's Creed maybe 250k-350k
Uncharted will go from last week sales but I don't think it'll break 100k

@Eugene it might be Sony's biggest game of the year, but it isn't much compared to games coming out next year.

Sony needs this holiday season, and with their only big game being Uncharted it doesnt look like they are catchin up anytime soon. You say that compared to the games commin out next year Uncharted is insignifigant, but if Sony gets crushed again this holiday those big games won't matter either. 

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie