By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu prez: MH3P will sell 5 million

It took MHP2 years and a few price drops to get to 3.5m ; MH Tri had a hard time getting to 1 million. Not to mention that most of predictions made by Enterbrain president have not come true. I guess he just does all these crazy predictions to support the industry.

MHP3 wont get to 4 millions, let alone 5, especially with PSP2 supposedly releasing next year.

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
leo-j said:
The biggest franchise in japan is monster hunter.. and I THINK IT BEING EXCLUSIVE TO 360 WILL DO SOMETHING

1. Nope, Pokemon is.

2. It's a PC game that's been out for ages in Japan, a port; it will fail.

Super Mario Bros. is bigger than Pokemon though.

The guy lowballed FFXIII, which is a PS3 exclusive in Japan, to the point that he had to raise his prediction a few weeks later and he was still way under.

Are you guys sure he's a Sony fan?  Seems like unflattering words for the PSP in general, as well.

Yes FFXIII crossed his LTD predictions in 1 week so he isn't very accurate. (unless his company and his predictions are different or something)

BUT this is an optimistic prediction

if it does great, it will be huuuuuuuge!

I mean it will be PSP's Pokemon.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Kenology said:
routsounmanman said:
leo-j said:
The biggest franchise in japan is monster hunter.. and I THINK IT BEING EXCLUSIVE TO 360 WILL DO SOMETHING

1. Nope, Pokemon is.

2. It's a PC game that's been out for ages in Japan, a port; it will fail.

Super Mario Bros. is bigger than Pokemon though.

They are pretty much equal at the moment.  Diamond and Pearl have sold 5.97 million in Japan and NSMB has sold exactly the same amount. Of course if we go to history Pokemon Red/Blue destroyed everything everywhere.

Around the Network
Rei said:
It took MHP2 years and a few price drops to get to 3.5m ; MH Tri had a hard time getting to 1 million. Not to mention that most of predictions made by Enterbrain president have not come true. I guess he just does all these crazy predictions to support the industry.

MHP3 wont get to 4 millions, let alone 5, especially with PSP2 supposedly releasing next year.

ok if its releasing next year wat do u expect them to play till then?? :p 1 psp game wont bite