By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake cinematics are all pre-rendered video files

richardhutnik said:
kowenicki said:

Pre-rendered using the game engine.... which also allows for background loading.

Excellent.... thats how they should be.

Can't wait.

So long as it doesn't go into excessive length of time, I don't see a problem with it.  Doesn't Metal Gear use pre-rendered scenes done with the in game engine also?

No, those are all real-time. Whatever Snake was wearing before a scene started, he would keep it. You can even move the controller while the scene is playing, and it will remove the camouflage (Octocamo). I think you can also zoom in and move the camera around a bit.

That's right, just one "d"

In b4 "it's addict"
-----------------------------------------------
Add me:

Around the Network
BrayanA said:
Well ... God of War 3 and Uncharted 2 use prerendered game engine cut scenes. Did any XBOX fan made a big fuss about it? Now Alan Wake join them and all of a sudden so many PS3 fans jump on the XBOX games bashing bandwagon.

God of War 3 doesn't use prerendered cut scenes. It's real time.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

^Gow3 uses pre-rendered cut-scens, 7 of them to be exact.

wtf is this thread ?

btw the guy elbow-ing the lady seems unaware he's been oggled by the guy on his left

perhaps he knows, and perhaps he likes being oggled by men...

Game Design 101, props to Remedy.

Around the Network

btw, this might have been said before, but UC2 and God of War3 both use FMVs, it's just hard to tell with God of War 3 because the ingame assets are very high quality already, beats a loading screen or shittier presentation I guess.

Not really a surprise, as in every video of Alan Wake there is a noticable bump up in the graphics/lighting when it switches to a cinematic. UC2 & GoW3 didn't suffer from this, since the assets were either left alone or only very slightly ramped up. Still, I don't see it as a problem, though I do prefer it when the assets are left alone. The ramping up kinda just jumps out at you. Or at least it does to me.

I still love the game even if it is like that

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"