By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake cinematics are all pre-rendered video files

coolbeans said:
RAZurrection said:
According to certain posters on this site, this still counts as real-time graphics, but watch how the standards change.

To be honest, I haven't really seen many people say that but then again I don't see every gfx thread. 

For your pleasure

*edit - Ohh and another

Apparently it applies to concept renders as well as framedumped videos. But I expect the standards to apply differently on different posters whims.

Around the Network

Cant w8 to see Selnor spin this, calling KZ2 and Uncharted2 using tricks to make good graphics now lets see excuses for this game...

looks like our first candidate is here anywayz(gigglz)

there are two kinds

one is that they use engine assets and up the res and add some nice filters to it.(Uncharted 2)

the other is that they use a very strong computer to create the cut scene just like final fantasy 13

I don't think anyone could have thought it was all real time after seeing this:

Was anyone really surprised by this? I always thought they were using the canned PC version to show it off, because it was most definitely not something the 360 could handle ever.

Around the Network

I've always wondered why anyone cares whether cinematics are pre-rendered or not. As long as the in game graphics are still good what is the problem with pre-rendered cut scenes looking even better?

RAZurrection said:
According to certain posters on this site, this still counts as real-time graphics, but watch how the standards change.

off topic:

I just had a question about your sig/heavy rain,,,,you do know that those two are 2 different characters and both are there on the game disk???one is in the game ,,,one is in the audition part of the game.

but knowing you ,you just want to say PS3 is weak and Xbox 360 is better.i don't get you or selnor ,,,if graphics are this important to you guys why didn't you guys buy a strong gaming PC??itt would give you much more satisfaction in regards to graphics than X360.X360 has good lookin game but the number of the polished games on 360 pale in comparison to even that of PS3.

kowenicki said:
Ping_ii said:
Cant w8 to see Selnor spin this, calling KZ2 and Uncharted2 using tricks to make good graphics now lets see excuses for this game...

looks like our first candidate is here anywayz(gigglz)

You have no idea what you are talking about... all you have done is spew uneducated garbage from your mouth in this thread... what is your interest in Alan wake? none? then shut it and go away.

Im just here for the entertainment.

kowenicki said:
mirgro said:

Was anyone really surprised by this? I always thought they were using the canned PC version to show it off, because it was most definitely not something the 360 could handle ever.

I wish we could have a system where people could be banned from posting just in particular areas of the forums...  so not site or forum bans but a sony ban or a ms ban...  would certainly make the 360 forums a whole lot nicer environment.

Don't feel offended. It's the truth. I will still pick this game eventhough I would have prefered to grab it on the PC instead. I'm sorry but the truth is that the cinematic visuals shown were impossible on the 360 hardware, hell they even looked better than some PC games and that alone made it an impossibility.

kowenicki said:
mirgro said:

I wish we could have a system where people could be banned from posting just in particular areas of the forums...  so not site or forum bans but a sony ban or a ms ban...  would certainly make the 360 forums a whole lot nicer environment.

While i don't agree with the exactly what you said, i do agree that this post by mirgro is just annoying, seriously, can't we all just grow up and be alittle more civil?