By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the PC a console?

Is the PC a console?

yes, if it plays games its a console 10 17.54%

no 47 82.46%

Total:57
twesterm said:
No.

Is the DS a considered a console? Nope.

Does the DS play games? Yes.

So then is anything that plays games a console? No.

eh? the DS is considerd a consol

Around the Network

"Main Entry: game console
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: an electronic device for playing video games, usually requiring connection to a television"

According to the dictionary, yes it is.

You can't argue with that logic.

P.S. By this definition, the DS IS a console, and the PSP IS a console.

FantasySky said:
twesterm said:
No.

Is the DS a considered a console? Nope.

Does the DS play games? Yes.

So then is anything that plays games a console? No.

eh? the DS is considerd a consol

Some people thin they are just called handhelds when they are called handheld consoles. ./shrug

just look up the definition of "console" and you will soon realize the pc is by definition a console , and on a side not it plays games as well so 150% its a console

My definition of a game console is a device in which you can play games such that every device of that name has the same specs so that the experience of all users of that device is the same.

Obviously there is some flexibility with USB ports, loss of harddrives/different hard drive sizes, but, you get what I mean.

Around the Network

It's not, but a game is not a 360 or a PS3 game if it's also on the PC.

If the OP hoped somehow to be able to say "PC/360 games" are 360 exclusives, the answer is simply, no, they're not exclusives, as it was already explained 200 times.

For example I play Mass Effect on PC (best version) so it's not a 360 exclusive at all.

No need for the PC to be a console for that. Those games are just "multiplatform games".

A 360 is a PC with a controller, no difference. Both are very similar platforms.

it's a platforn.

games are called multiplatform, not multi console.

so they moment they appear on another "platform" even a cellphone its multiplatform

Brennan said:
If the OP hoped somehow to be able to say "PC/360 games" are 360 exclusives, the answer is simply, no, they're not exclusives, as it was already explained 200 times.

For example I play Mass Effect on PC (best version) so it's not a 360 exclusive at all.

No need for the PC to be a console for that. Those games are just "multiplatform games".

A 360 is a PC with a controller, no difference. Both are very similar platforms.

I agree with all you said except the last line. If you consider the 360 a PC then the 360 is the absolutely shittiest PC I have ever laid eyes upon. I mean, they didn't make such shit PCs even back in the '80s. So let's just keep it in the console territory where it doesn't completely suck.

No now stop making these ridiculous threads.