By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XIV - Famitsu Leak + New Information!

Skeeuk said:
sounds like a massive game, this will take a lot of disc space

Nope, because with FFXI, you basically INSTALL the game onto the hard drive (this is why the PS2 version of the game was $100 because it came with the PS2's hard drive), and to add more of the installation is by updating the game. This is why if I install FFXI onto my laptop, it takes less than 10 minutes, but to update it with the new features from the updates, it takes up to SEVEN HOURS even if I'm on Ethernet.

Around the Network
CommonMan said:
Why do these final fantasy games have to have ever increasingly weird names for stuff? Maybe if there is a bird, they could just call it a bird? Not an eggleasiaton or some weird crap. Just a thought.

OT: MMO's aren't my thing, but I did sign up for the beta, and if I get picked I'll check it out.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/bestiary.html?ffamily=5

And yes, there is a Bird monster called a Bird. I'm still calling the FFXIV character races by their FFXI counterparts.

Not having auto-attack is the new annoying trend in MMO's.

In STO, it's really f'ing annoying to not have auto attack because the way battle is set up - you are pretty much doing the same thing over and over - and only use specials for buffs, debuffs, and healing. So why do I have to keep hitting attack? Why?

In Fallen Earth, it's not as bad, because most abilities are more action oriented and because secondary attacks are very important.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Naraku_Diabolos said:
CommonMan said:
Why do these final fantasy games have to have ever increasingly weird names for stuff? Maybe if there is a bird, they could just call it a bird? Not an eggleasiaton or some weird crap. Just a thought.

OT: MMO's aren't my thing, but I did sign up for the beta, and if I get picked I'll check it out.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/bestiary.html?ffamily=5

And yes, there is a Bird monster called a Bird. I'm still calling the FFXIV character races by their FFXI counterparts.

Some of those are good, I like Hell Diver and Eyegouger it brilliant, but seriously Nunyenunc <----- WTF is that? How do you even say that?

i cant wait i need mmo fix NAOWW!!!

Around the Network

@Boutros

why is it bad?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I really like how adventurey the map feels. I never really got that vibe from XIs map. It was just a big plain and we went through them. But this one we can see other areas on the map in forms of pictures and it will be seamless transitions.

+ That new song is pretty kick arsenal!

looks cool , cant wait for this damn game. i will glady invest the time i have spent in ff11:online on this game too ( over 4yrs ).

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Got ya beat by 3 years and counting! :D