By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Potential Big (unreleased) Games in Japan for the rest of 2007

Here are the remaining games releasing in 2007 that I feel have a shot at clearing 300,000 units (all dates are based on gamefaq dates).  After the game and its release date, I've put my guess (i.e. I have not looked back at previous sales for most of the titles mentioned here) for debut week sales/year end sales/ and lifetime (total) sales 

Wii :

- Wii Fit (Dec 1)  200k/800k/2300k

- Chocobo's Dungeon (a Square-Enix game) (Dec 13) 300k/450k/600k

- Nights: Journey into Dreams (Dec 13) 150k/240k/360k

- Soul Calibur Legends (Dec 13) 90k/190k/320k

Those seem to the biggest unreleased Wii gams for 2007. 

PS3 :

- Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (Dec 13) 350k/575k/1100k

... a number of western games, like Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero III, Time Crisis 4, etc.

360 :

- Assassin's Creed (11/29), the party version of Viva Pinata (12/6) are the potential western breakthrough hits...

- Lost Odyssey (75k/130k/200k) and Virtua Fighter 5 Live Arena (30k/55k/90k) (both 12/6) could be big.

- Smash Court Tennis (24k/40k/75k), and Kindgom Under Fire (15k/25k/40k) (both 12/13) could be somewhat big

DS :

- Layton (11/29) (225k/500k/775k)

- Tales of Innocence (12/6) (200k/360k/450k)

- Final Fanasy IV (12/20) (300k/375k/550k)

PSP :

- GTA: Vice City Stories (100k/175k/285k), Minna no Golf 2 (400k/750k/1000k), Silent Hill Zero (100k/200k/300k) (12/6)

- Star Ocean: The First Departure (500k/500k/900k) (12/27)

PS2 :

- GTA: Vice City Stories (150k/200k/250k) (12/6)

- numerous western games (Guitar Hero III), and re-releases (Metal Gear Solid 2)

What do you all make of these releases?  What will be big?  What will flop?

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Wow ,so its Wii Fit vs Gran Turismo 5 Prologue vs Lost Oddysey ....

PS:Now Time Crisis 4 is a western game ??

Well I've never played Time Crisis and so I'm assuming its either

a) plays like a western action game or

b) isn't a huge hit in Japan.  Feel free to prove me wrong, and go through the list with how you see the market based on these games.

Honestly, I just don't remember. 

- Lao Tzu

Time Crisis is a Namco Bandai game ,the fourth iteration of the arcade lightgun series .....I am sure you must remember the Guncon lightgun for the original Playstation and Time Crisis 1 and the lightgun was also used for other games as Point Blank series ...the PS2 has quite early in its life the Guncon 2 and Time Crisis 2 and other games as a Vampire killer one ...good stuff .Time Crisis 3 was for the arcades and I dont remember it if was as well for the PS2 .And now Time Crisis 4 comes from the arcades and slighty improved for the PS3 with the Guncon 3 .

Well given the sales of Umbrella Chronciles (a light gun game) on Wii's larger userbase I'd expect that Time Crisis will launch to equal or smaller numbers on PS3.  If thats the case, then it probably is a long shot for 300k.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Hmmm , I do hope that Star Ocean FD does that well ... if it reaches only 300k this year , IMO it will still be a killer . On the other hand SH : Zero should sell well , because its only at 25 k in the US ( I know it could sell much more in time like many other PSP games did ) , and if that would happen , we could see more games for the PSP in the future from Konami :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

i think prologues liftime numbers are a bit high considering the full version launched early 2008

When does white knight story come out in japan? I thought it was released this year in japan

How can you think if you don't know enough words?

How do you know what I think until you hear what I say.

Both by Vygotsky

PSN addy- solojohlo

- Star Ocean is a remake and it's not that popular in Japan; I think it will go a bit lower.
- Soul Calibur Legends may fare better seeing as these types of games (like DW6) sell well in Japan.

Is there no GHIII for Wii in Japan?

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com