By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, and FF XIII turn things around?

endurance said:
ArtofAngels said:
LOL how can 3 games make or break a console?

It needs consistant AAA games, not just 3.

Sales will spark and then they'll drop, those 3 games predecessors sold so much because it had such a huge user base, don't expect 8 million for FFXIII, I bought FFXII for example, but I did not buy a PS2 for this game and if I didn't have a PS2 I wouldn't of bought one for it.

And since when is games the only reason PS3 is failing?

so your saying three games cant turn things around,how about i name 1 game that made a console 1 being GTA on ps2,and another game that made a console what it is is wii sports,so these games have a chance to make the console

Excellent, now I've got you where I want you;

The best selling GTA LTD is San Andreas, selling 14.88 million, there are 120 million PS2's in the world.

There's 1.6 million Wii's in Japan that do not have Wii sports accompanied with it, that alone is 300k more than the total amount of PS3's sold their, in arguably sonys strongest market.

Around the Network
ArtofAngels said:
endurance said:
ArtofAngels said:

Sales will spark and then they'll drop, those 3 games predecessors sold so much because it had such a huge user base, don't expect 8 million for FFXIII, I bought FFXII for example, but I did not buy a PS2 for this game and if I didn't have a PS2 I wouldn't of bought one for it.

so your saying three games cant turn things around,how about i name 1 game that made a console 1 being GTA on ps2,and another game that made a console what it is is wii sports,so these games have a chance to make the console

The best selling GTA LTD is San Andreas, selling 14.88 million, there are 120 million PS2's in the world.

There's 1.6 million Wii's in Japan that do not have Wii sports accompanied with it, that alone is 300k more than the total amount of PS3's sold their, in arguably sonys strongest market.

yes but didnt gta 3 sell 10 million when ps2 was at around 30,so i think thats pretty dang impressive

Antonio said:
I think FFXIII and MGS4 can make so hardware move in Japan, but not much due to already bad taste. But Killzone 2 in America will definitely push some units. Hopefully Microsoft doesn't release a killer IP like Gears of War 2 by that time.

the biggest seller will be GT5

endurance said:
ArtofAngels said:
endurance said:
ArtofAngels said:

yes but didnt gta 3 sell 10 million when ps2 was at around 30,so i think thats pretty dang impressive

You just derailed yourself.

ArtofAngels said:
endurance said:
ArtofAngels said:
endurance said:
ArtofAngels said:

You just derailed yourself.

how did i derail myself if it wasnt for gta3 ps2 what of never been what it is

Around the Network

aslo gta might of sell 10 million ps2's,while the others were sold from MGS2,DMC,GT3 and FFX so i think 5 AAA games is enough for a console to win,but these games need to come out close to each other and be exclusive at the time

Please tell me what the other 105.12 million PS2's were sold for?

In hope that one day they may run the disc of GTA:SA?

Most of the GTA3 buyers would of bought GTA:SA.

After all, you said it, GTA made PS2 what it is today.

ArtofAngels said:

Please tell me what the other 105.12 million PS2's were sold for?

In hope that one day they may run the disc of GTA:SA?

Most of the GTA3 buyers would of bought GTA:SA.

After all, you said it, GTA made PS2 what it is today.

i was talking about ps2's first year with these games

endurance said:
aslo gta might of sell 10 million ps2's,while the others were sold from MGS2,DMC,GT3 and FFX so i think 5 AAA games is enough for a console to win,but these games need to come out close to each other and be exclusive at the time

Oh, so 360 and Wii have already won have they?

How can 2 win?

It doesn't seem like a draw at the moment to me.

ArtofAngels said:
endurance said:

Oh, so 360 and Wii have already won have they?

How can 2 win?

It doesn't seem like a draw at the moment to me.

360 and wii dont have 5 games as big as them,though the ds does with NSMB,brain training,animal crossing pokemon and nintendogs