By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, and FF XIII turn things around?

"""""no it's not... it just stoped drawning it's not going up in the marketshares.... you realise it has to double the sales of XB during a year non stop to catch up... and honestly I don't how anyone on earth could see that happening.... 1/2 more during 2 years is even hard to believe.... """""

==> I m talking about the sales rate, not the global WW sales, and NOT for NOW but for 2008 !
Of course it will take time to catch the Xbox360 WW sales ... I know this.

Time to Work !

Around the Network
libellule said:
endurance said:
libellule said:
In fact, to repeat it again,

The situation of the PS3 will NEVER be as bad as it was this year.
- no games - bad multiplateform games - average exclusive games - high price - games delayed - big exclusivity delayed.

so yes, wind is turning ...

ofcourse it will never be this bad but i dont think these games will give ps3 the push people are expecting

==> but the PS3, without these big games like GT5/MGS4/FFVIII is already "living".
Remember it begins to match (again ?) the Xbox360 WW sales without these games.

Note : obviously, if these games suck then it is game over.

like i said these will help ps3 but people are expecting ps3 to outsell wii in 2008(now thats a little overdoing it)

libellule said:
""""And since when is games the only reason PS3 is failing?"""""

==> make a 70$ console, put in the 10 best games ever made (amazing gameplay/amazing gfx/amazing story), and the console will sell like hot cake.

games is not the only reason but it is the most important ...

Sure, put it on the market, and it will last a year max.

ArtofAngels said:
LOL how can 3 games make or break a console?

It needs consistant AAA games, not just 3.

Sales will spark and then they'll drop, those 3 games predecessors sold so much because it had such a huge user base, don't expect 8 million for FFXIII, I bought FFXII for example, but I did not buy a PS2 for this game and if I didn't have a PS2 I wouldn't of bought one for it.

And since when is games the only reason PS3 is failing?

so your saying three games cant turn things around,how about i name 1 game that made a console 1 being GTA on ps2,and another game that made a console what it is is wii sports,so these games have a chance to make the console

ArtofAngels said:
libellule said:
""""And since when is games the only reason PS3 is failing?"""""

==> make a 70$ console, put in the 10 best games ever made (amazing gameplay/amazing gfx/amazing story), and the console will sell like hot cake.

games is not the only reason but it is the most important ...

Sure, put it on the market, and it will last a year max.

it will only sell like hotcakes for a while,but then add more games and the sales will continue

Around the Network

Gear of war was a big help for the Xbox360 in 2006, same for Halo3/Bioshock in 2007.

Time to Work !

"""==> make a 70$ console, put in the 10 best games ever made (amazing gameplay/amazing gfx/amazing story), and the console will sell like hot cake."""

==> I meant 700$ !!!!

Time to Work !

libellule said:
Gear of war was a big help for the Xbox360 in 2006, same for Halo3/Bioshock in 2007.

yeah but in 2008 360 wont have a game in the same calibur as those

libellule said:
"""==> make a 70$ console, put in the 10 best games ever made (amazing gameplay/amazing gfx/amazing story), and the console will sell like hot cake."""

==> I meant 700$ !!!!

with a 700$ price point then it wont sell like hotcakes

I think FFXIII and MGS4 can make so hardware move in Japan, but not much due to already bad taste. But Killzone 2 in America will definitely push some units. Hopefully Microsoft doesn't release a killer IP like Gears of War 2 by that time.