By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, and FF XIII turn things around?

Soriku said:
leo-j said:
Soriku said:
leo-j said:
Soriku said:
CrazzyMan said:
1. If the Wii doesn't appeal to 'gamers' why is it that 90% Wii owners are hardcore (% taken from Reggie at E3)? And another reason is the GAMES.
what most sold games are on Wii? =))
2. Name me them.
Heavenly Sword
Ratchet
Uncharted
FFXIII
GT5
MGS4
KZ2
Resistance2
Motorstorm2
Tekken6
Warhawk

LBP
Getaway3
Heavy Rain
WKS
Disgaea3
Wardevil
Infamous
8days
Gow3
Jak
NGS

Maybe some of these games don`t appeal to you, half of them to be proven yet, but after HS, Ratchet and Uncharted i am confident in 1st/2nd party party games on PS3. Lair - it`s atleast a RENT, becase some people are fine with controls, some not.

1. A Jak game isn't announced for PS3. 2. FF XIII comes in 2009. 3. KZ2 appears to be coming in 2009. 4. GoW3 comes in 2009.

Jak and daxter is in development, people were asking on the ps blog and he said "lol guys if you only knew"

KZ2 is still up for march 08

GOW3 was confirmed for next year by sony themselves.

Link for all 3?

1.us.playstation.com/ps2 search for the uncharted thread and look for the daxter ps3 avatar, and the uncharted developer says it Im to lazy to look.

2. KZ2 was never confirmed to be delayed

3.  http://www.n4g.com/News-75717.aspx

1. Wait, why'd I ask you this? I already know this. Lol, Surfer Girl already said it's in development. 2. It still can. And it seems it will be if PS3 sales don't pick up. They don't want to lose much on a 40 mil+ game. 3. Hooray for rumors! I believe Surfer Girl that it'll be in 09.

surfer girl isnt always right

Around the Network

and wii doesnt appeal to gamers because?

Because it has almost NO hardcore games and almost NO NEW IP`s for hardcore gamers.
then explain to me how NSMB is on track to outsell all the games you listed
show the link.
Killzone 2 could be a good FPS but Crysis has won it for me.
5-6h Geow with 10MP maps was popular mainly because of graphics, same will go for KZ2.
MGS4, its exclusivity is in doubt, is it really going to be as amazing as people think, I have not been convinced by the footage shown.
Kotaku played and they LIKED the game much, so and some guy from G4, which hate PS3, also said it was awesome.
Never liked the FF series with its turn based combat and they never seem to offer much new!!
Too bad, there over 5 mln. people who like it. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Lost tears of Kain said:
carlos710 said:

x

Since we have a mod here now i guess we can keep the argument (hopefully you know what that means)... or keep your current behavior and i guess you won't be for long on this site anymore.

Dont know what to say? Really this is coming from the guy who got his ass kicked cause all he could do was list major "rumored rpgs" for the wii.

Or because i listed plenty of upcoming RPGs and all you could reply is "omg you are a Wii fanboy"

Or was trying to argue that monster hunter was bigger then FF, or new SE IP.

Never said that. But by now i don't expect you to understand what people says. You never seem to read any post you quote, you just reply with your personal attacks. 

I told him fuck you because he called NG a hack and slash. Thats like calling mario just another platformer. Seriously go the fuck away. BTW fuck you you silly fanboy.

NG is hack and slash. Mario is just another platformer

O look comes in with all these wii sellers while Ps3 has nothing.

How many games releasing in 08 are going to sell over 3m+ for the ps3?

I would say GTA 4 and gran turismo 5... perhaps MGS 4, but imo thats all. How many do you predict? 

Who the hell is the fanboy.

You. That was clear since the beginning.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

{looks at a few posts in the thread}

{Runs out of it as fast as possible}

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

CrazzyMan said:
and wii doesnt appeal to gamers because?

Because it has almost NO hardcore games and almost NO NEW IP`s for hardcore gamers.
then explain to me how NSMB is on track to outsell all the games you listed
show the link.
Killzone 2 could be a good FPS but Crysis has won it for me.
5-6h Geow with 10MP maps was popular mainly because of graphics, same will go for KZ2.
MGS4, its exclusivity is in doubt, is it really going to be as amazing as people think, I have not been convinced by the footage shown.
Kotaku played and they LIKED the game much, so and some guy from G4, which hate PS3, also said it was awesome.
Never liked the FF series with its turn based combat and they never seem to offer much new!!
Too bad, there over 5 mln. people who like it. =)

ok so twilight princess,mario galaxy,metroid prime3,resident evil 4,super paper mario,zack and wiki,trauma center:SO and NB,dont appeal to the hardcore

and heres your link:http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=1582

if GT3 wasnt bundled then NSMB would of already outsold them all

Around the Network
Soriku said:
@Crazzy

There are no hardcore IPs on Wii? This is where I stop taking you seriously...

...Oh wait I never did.

@endurance

She hasn't been wrong yet.

since when has she been making rumors

Soriku said:
darthdevidem said:

*Pulls you back*

*kicks him out*

libellule said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
libellule said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

"same could be said of ps3 games, im still hearing all this shit for FF 13 next year blah blah, when its not even likely to happen.

Bullshit its not impressive, next year looks twice as good to me as this year, and thats saying something. Maybe they wont be GOTY material but they are looking to be fantastic games, and some of them having GOTY hype.

Maybe games like banjo 3, fable 2, NG 2 and games like that are not big and impressive to you, but to 360 owners and most people it really quite is.

==> Banjo3 is like Ratceht&clank, not a huge event for hardcore gamer that Xbox360/PS3 owners are. Fable2 is the sequel of a disapoiting RPG that was exclusive to Xbox meaning most of gamers dont know it. Even more it is an hardcore RPG like Mass Effect that will not sell incredibly. NG2 is, well, let's say it is ok but it is just another hack and slash...
All those games are unknow outside of the USA where the first Xbox succeed to sell during the last gen.

On the PS3 side, for what we know,
GT5 : system seller
MGS4 : VERY famous game, good sales expected
Killzone2 : maybe one of the most beautifull games of the 2008 year.
WKS : the game that will sell the console in Japan.
Home and LBP : wait and see.
Tekken 6 : famous game

All these sequels are wellknow from the HUGE PS2 WW users base.

first off Fable was a fantastic game, and if you didnt experience it then to bad for you.

==> whatever Fable is, it is unknow from 90% of the gamer and was an overhyped game like was killzone1 on PS2 for example. Lot of expectation but not so amazing at the end (85% at GR). Keep your amazing for Bioshock plz.

It got numberous game of the years awards. HOW dare you say NG is a hack and slash. GOd your fanboyism is unbelivable for fuck sakes. If you want to take that route let me help you.

==> sorry for NG, maybe hack and slash was a bad term for you and even the wrong term. but I dont think NG match MGS in the video game history.

GT 5- sales went down for 4, seems the series is dwindling

==> the last game of the serie ON A SYSTEM always sell less (and since the gap, in game content, between GT3 and GT4 is not amazing...). It is like Soucalibur3 (0.8) compared to SC2 (1.8M) both on PS2

MGS4- not argueing that

==> I think, as it is the last one, and as it seems promising, the sales will be good. Very good.

Killzone2- the first one sucked major ass, what makes you think this one will be different. That and its anything but beutiful with tis dull gray colors, pretty much a gears copier.

==> if you want, we will see when the game will be released.
I dont need Killzone2 in my logic. It is an extra that may show the power of the PS3 (if it has power ^^)

WKS- expect some from this game its not a sequal, and i put it in same line as LO. Level 5 has never impressed me but maybe this will change.

==> ok with this one

Home-saw what happened to second life.

==> yes

see i can pull it two asswhole stop with your danm fanboyism both sides have an impressive lineup.

==> the Xbox360 one is REALLY weak compared to the PS3 one.
I mean really.
No MGS4 No GT5, ALL is saied.
that is not even fanboyism.
I dont even mention 2009 with FFXIII and versus.

First price cut, on the 60 gig to get rid of it. NUMBER 2 cutting the price of the 80 GIG model. Thats TWO pricecuts, even if one was clearence.

Whats obvious, i would be worried if i were sony. Even after the momentum of ANOTHER price cut, and releasing a LOWER sku they still could not beat 360 WW, and the week they did they barely did it. Once this momentum falls where will ps3 stand?

==> well there is still no good exclusives game on the PS3 except the very old Reistance fall of man, the online restricted Warhawk, the casual Ratchet and the just release Unchartred.
the Xbox360 line-up is just too strong this year (bioshock/Froza2/PGR4/Halo3). Since the console is also cheaper is expected that the Xbox360 sell better than the PS3.

BUT,

Outside of the NA, the Xbox360 is behind the PS3 underlying WHY I m worried about the Xbox360 future : What will happen when the PS3 will reach the mass market too and when the PS3 will have good title ???

How much did halo boost sales? it did but not MIND BLOWING, how can you expect it for ps3 is beyond me.

==> it is not Halo alone.
It is good games, good price, and Halo3 when the PS3 was receiving the AMAZING Lair ...
Man, be sure 2008 will not be 2007.

Besides the bundled games, and multiplatform games of COD and AC, tell me any ps3 games that have sold good. Specially exclusives.

==> becuase the PS3 is laking the very good line-up the Xbox360 has.
I agree with this.
But if you make good exclusives games, people will buy them.
Particularly when they already know them like Tekken/Godofwar/FF/MGS/GT
Remember on the Xbox360 exclusive line-up :
PGR4 : sequel
Halo3 : sequel
Forza2 : sequel
AceCombat 6 : sequel

At the opposite, none of the PS3 exclusive title where sequel so far ...

You will see in 2007, things will be different.

Same next year

NG-sequal

banjo-sequal

fable-sequal

splinter-sequal

same exact amount and some are bigger then games like PGR id say 360 is going to have another fantastic year

ratchet and clank was a sequal

==> all these sequel are average/good compared to the MGS4/GT5 combo alone (IN TERM OF EXPECTATION)
No games in PAL match the popularity of GT.
You are talking about sequel of good games. I m talking of sequel of system seller.

Considering the announced games so far, the PS3 line-up seems better.

Maybe microsoft is preparing others games that we dont know.
Time will tell.

NOTE : I completely know that all will depend of the gale quality at the end.

For me, if GT5/MGS4 own, it is gg for the PS3.

The only thing that could kill the PS3 :

-  price cut from Microsoft
- GTA4 better on Xbox360 or/and GTA4 exclusive content amazing.

Overhyped yes, but it delivered

Unlike killzones 7.5 fable got 9.3, and also sold considerbly more on a less selling console

and your right on NG, but i just thought calling it hack and slash was taking it over the line

you understand the games i listed was only giving you an example on how its retarded to say that, was saying those things in response to NG comment

all im saying is that 360 lineup is a fantastic one, while not on par with ps3 its a very good one and if any of those major titles are pushed back (not counting FF for 08) then it will be a close lineup. Personally i like the 360s best but thats why i own the console.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
endurance said:
Soriku said:
darthdevidem said:

*Pulls you back*

*kicks him out*

*Is holding on to darth and kicks Soriku and endurance down*

carlos710,
just for the records, Motorstorm and Resistance sold almost 2 mln. copies Worldwide.
Ofcourse, they are launch games and some are budled, BUT, those new games will be high AAA class and also easy can be bundled. =)
KZ2 easy can reach 3m+. =)
LBP may also do that, though PSn title.

Other games depend on quality. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far