By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, and FF XIII turn things around?

leo-j said:
Soriku said:
leo-j said:
Soriku said:
CrazzyMan said:
then why is wii on top

1) FOR HOW LONG?
Japan? and SMG sales in Japan?

few reasons:
CHEAP.
NEW CONTROLS.
APPEALING TO CASUALS, NOT GAMERS.

2) By the end of 2008, there will over 20 MUST PLAY games on PS3.

3) Soriku - HAVE YOU SEEN THIS - http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/11/14/video-of-new-research-conducted-with-playstation-eye/ ?

1. If the Wii doesn't appeal to 'gamers' why is it that 90% Wii owners are hardcore (% taken from Reggie at E3)? And another reason is the GAMES. 2. Name me them. 3. PS Eye > Wii. I know. *wink*

There are 2 games out for the ps eye since its new and they're expecting 10 more by the end of the year. The ps eye is much more innovative than the wii. Thats a fact.

Phail. But thanks for trying.
Im not ganna argue, but for starters the PS EYE > Motion controls.

everyone is entitled to theyre opinion

Around the Network

Lost tears of Kain, are you STUPID?
I just`ve show you, that PLAYSTATION BIG GAMES are selling better.

MUCH MORE gamers are FAMILIAR with FF, GT, MGS, then with Mario, Zelda and Metroid GAMES.

Mario is more FAMILIAR among those who were older then 10-12 years in some 1996-1998. Do you undertsand that???

---
You are only using last gen, comparing a 20 million console to a 100.
So do you understand WHICH GAMES WERE MORE POPULAR?

please do you understand the highest selling video game (console) is mario? Do you understand that?
Those who are now only 12-16 years OLD, DON`T CARE about THAT.

Do you understand that in past gens mario and zelda completely dominate those sells?
Do you undertand, that only CREATED in LAST 10 years BRAND MATTERS IN THIS GENERATIION?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Soriku said:
leo-j said:
Soriku said:
CrazzyMan said:
1. If the Wii doesn't appeal to 'gamers' why is it that 90% Wii owners are hardcore (% taken from Reggie at E3)? And another reason is the GAMES.
what most sold games are on Wii? =))
2. Name me them.
Heavenly Sword
Ratchet
Uncharted
FFXIII
GT5
MGS4
KZ2
Resistance2
Motorstorm2
Tekken6
Warhawk

LBP
Getaway3
Heavy Rain
WKS
Disgaea3
Wardevil
Infamous
8days
Gow3
Jak
NGS

Maybe some of these games don`t appeal to you, half of them to be proven yet, but after HS, Ratchet and Uncharted i am confident in 1st/2nd party party games on PS3. Lair - it`s atleast a RENT, becase some people are fine with controls, some not.

1. A Jak game isn't announced for PS3. 2. FF XIII comes in 2009. 3. KZ2 appears to be coming in 2009. 4. GoW3 comes in 2009.

Jak and daxter is in development, people were asking on the ps blog and he said "lol guys if you only knew"

KZ2 is still up for march 08

GOW3 was confirmed for next year by sony themselves.

Link for all 3?

1.us.playstation.com/ps2 search for the uncharted thread and look for the daxter ps3 avatar, and the uncharted developer says it Im to lazy to look.

2. KZ2 was never confirmed to be delayed

3.  http://www.n4g.com/News-75717.aspx

mM
CrazzyMan said:
Lost tears of Kain, are you STUPID?
I just`ve show you, that PLAYSTATION BIG GAMES are selling better.

MUCH MORE gamers are FAMILIAR with FF, GT, MGS, then with Mario, Zelda and Metroid GAMES.

Mario is more FAMILIAR among those who were older then 10-12 years in some 1996-1998. Do you undertsand that???

---
You are only using last gen, comparing a 20 million console to a 100.
So do you understand WHICH GAMES WERE MORE POPULAR?

please do you understand the highest selling video game (console) is mario? Do you understand that?
Those who are now only 12-16 years OLD, DON`T CARE about THAT.

Do you understand that in past gens mario and zelda completely dominate those sells?
Do you undertand, that only CREATED in LAST 10 years BRAND MATTERS IN THIS GENERATIION?
then explain to me how NSMB is on track to outsell all the games you listed

These games will help sell consoles, but most people who already want these games have a PS3.

Killzone 2 could be a good FPS but Crysis has won it for me.

MGS4, its exclusivity is in doubt, is it really going to be as amazing as people think, I have not been convinced by the footage shown.

Never liked the FF series with its turn based combat and they never seem to offer much new!!

Around the Network

Lost tears of Kain said:

first off Fable was a fantastic game, and if you didnt experience it then to bad for you. It got numberous game of the years awards. HOW dare you say NG is a hack and slash. GOd your fanboyism is unbelivable for fuck sakes. If you want to take that route let me help you.

see i can pull it two asswhole stop with your danm fanboyism both sides have an impressive lineup.

Watch it please. Keep it clean, and away from personal comments... or there will be a ban coming your way :P

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
This is sort of flamey, but that EyeToy tech demo stuff is a complete joke. The Wii already has the form of functionality - in its DS-->Wii connectivity. And I can't see the average, casual gamer sitting themselves down at a table to "draw" stuff, so the EyeToy can pick it up. Sony are barking up the wrong tree there.

They would be better off, using mobiles(!) with BlueTooth to read camera data and do something interesting with it - such as a controller or something.
Thats all the PS EYE does/sarcasm, lets not get of topic.

mM
tmbh said:
These games will help sell consoles, but most people who already want these games have a PS3.

Killzone 2 could be a good FPS but Crysis has won it for me.

MGS4, its exclusivity is in doubt, is it really going to be as amazing as people think, I have not been convinced by the footage shown.

Never liked the FF series with its turn based combat and they never seem to offer much new!!

Just like they said, all the people that wanted halo 3 all ready have a 360.. oh wait.

mM

Everyone, please chill out and keep this thread clean - its getting a little out of hand.

There is no question ALL three platforms have big titles coming next year (and into the future) - and just like the PS3 '07 lineup, there is no way to predict HOW these titles turn out - and what sort of impact they have on sales.

Its also helpful to use a confirmed release schedule before people start arguing - otherwise, before you know it titles will be pushed back to '09. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

leo-j said:
Antonio said:
leo-j said:
Soriku said:
CrazzyMan said:
then why is wii on top

1) FOR HOW LONG?
Japan? and SMG sales in Japan?

few reasons:
CHEAP.
NEW CONTROLS.
APPEALING TO CASUALS, NOT GAMERS.

2) By the end of 2008, there will over 20 MUST PLAY games on PS3.

3) Soriku - HAVE YOU SEEN THIS - http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/11/14/video-of-new-research-conducted-with-playstation-eye/ ?

1. If the Wii doesn't appeal to 'gamers' why is it that 90% Wii owners are hardcore (% taken from Reggie at E3)? And another reason is the GAMES. 2. Name me them. 3. PS Eye > Wii. I know. *wink*

There are 2 games out for the ps eye since its new and they're expecting 10 more by the end of the year. The ps eye is much more innovative than the wii. Thats a fact.

Dude your really funny...That the PS eye is more innovative than the Wii....you just want to start trouble.....lol

No im not joking it is. Well you returned your ps3 for your 360 you never had the chance to try it.

? I'm confused, I never owned a PS3 dude....@_@