By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do we ignore the DS?

If you're playing the Phoenix Wright game, make sure you play part 1, then 2, then 3, in that order. You'll enjoy it more that way.

Around the Network
Duke Of Darkness said:
Why don't Blizzard make a craft game on the DS? it could be done it should be done.

http://ndswtd.wordpress.com/download/

here is ur answer ! some creative dude made this i couldnt believe my eyes when i played it!

It's official DS is the king, no handheld can touch Nintendo!!!

...Because Nintendo fans choose to favor discussion of the Wii over the DS by a huge margin.

This is one of the few forums that does choose to ignore the ultra-popularity of the DS. The DS is re-writing the history of sales charts for japan every week. Despite that, we're always more concerned with how Super Mario Galaxy, or Hot Shots Golf is (never mind about Professor Layton, or any of the other NDS mega-succuesses).

The DS has been an ultra-overwhelming succuess.
Consider this:

It has an insanely high software attach ratio (around 5.0 or more) in both the US and Japan. The DS has a higher attach rate than any next-gen system in Japan at the moment, and twice that of the PSP.

It's selling better than any other Nintendo Handheld, despite real competition for the first time.

It also is guarenteed to have the most 10m+ sellers of any system, in any generation. And unless an NDS 2 does better, will probably not be topped for a few decades.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
...Because Nintendo fans choose to favor discussion of the Wii over the DS by a huge margin.

This is one of the few forums that does choose to ignore the ultra-popularity of the DS. The DS is re-writing the history of sales charts for japan every week. Despite that, we're always more concerned with how Super Mario Galaxy, or Hot Shots Golf is (never mind about Professor Layton, or any of the other NDS mega-succuesses).

The DS has been an ultra-overwhelming succuess.
Consider this:

It has an insanely high software attach ratio (around 5.0 or more) in both the US and Japan. The DS has a higher attach rate than any next-gen system in Japan at the moment, and twice that of the PSP.

It's selling better than any other Nintendo Handheld, despite real competition for the first time.

It also is guarenteed to have the most 10m+ sellers of any system, in any generation. And unless an NDS 2 does better, will probably not be topped for a few decades.

All good points stickball.  Not to mention the DS has an overwhelming amount of 3rd party support for a single handheld the likes of which has never been seen in handheld gaming, as well as a very diverse game library covering many genres and something that I never thought I would see:  Microsoft 2nd party games on a Nintendo system.  The DS is history in the making and could very well be considered the most successful venture in the history of gaming when all is said and done.

Around the Network

I guess everyone releases that it'll always do good so we don't have to focus much on it. The big rollercoaster ride on the home consoles is more entertaining than the handhelds.

It is kind of insane how many good games are out for the DS, like it really is mind boggling. On top of that there are about a dozen good games for lake every genre. It's awesome to be a DS owner. Only problem I have is that the DS has reduced my PSP to a dust magnet.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

It's pretty funny to reminisce about all the bad press Nintendo got about the DS before it was released. I hope there's a virtual museum somewhere that collected all the fake NDS models photoshoppers everywhere made. Aaaah, good times. :)

dlundh

Fair and Balanced - Casual Gamer Extraordinaire

Even when the DS completely destroys every other systems sales, people still ignore it.

The DS is not new news, it is selling ridiculously well, and PSP is not really seen as being in direct competition (especially as it is Sony's first handheld) as the DS is doing so stupidly well, 430,000 sales in the first week in Europe. I think the only week to ever beat that was the PS3 launch week; 538k, but I'm sure there were other weeks higher than that