By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CRYTEK: Crysis 2 PS3 Will Hit Graphical Ceiling

luvtospooge said:
Severance said:
i don't really care the graphics, the game will probably be dead boring like the first one =s i hope i am wrong.

How can so many people find the first one boring? It was a blast to play! Better story than Killzone 2 and better gameplay too, in my opinion.

OT: Never underestimate Crytek even if they are multiplat developers. 

dude crysis was an awesome game , people that say its boring and only has graphics going for it are full of crap and they probably never played it.

i dont doubt crytek are great developers but i cant see how a multiplat middleware engine is going to look better than fully optimized firsty party engines but i could be wrong.

eitherway ill have it on pc so, the real domain where crysis remains king

Around the Network
luvtospooge said:
Severance said:
i don't really care the graphics, the game will probably be dead boring like the first one =s i hope i am wrong.

How can so many people find the first one boring? It was a blast to play! Better story than Killzone 2 and better gameplay too, in my opinion.

there you go!

@CommonMan.

uh.. i hope you aren't reffering to me, i really don't mind consoles if the game is good its good, and also i was talking about the first game, i played it on PC to see what the hype is all about, and i think i was expecting too much , i bought it along with F.E.A.R. and i enjoyed FEAR a lot more, even though FEAR's graphics are crap compared and that FEAR is repetitive as hell.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:
luvtospooge said:
Severance said:

there you go!

@CommonMan.

uh.. i hope you aren't reffering to me, i really don't mind consoles if the game is good its good, and also i was talking about the first game, i played it on PC to see what the hype is all about, and i think i was expecting too much , i bought it along with F.E.A.R. and i enjoyed FEAR a lot more, even though FEAR's graphics are crap compared and that FEAR is repetitive as hell.

I explained why I thought it was better than Killzone 2(Or average FPS)

Please do so too to back up your reasoning.

flowjo said:
luvtospooge said:
Severance said:

dude crysis was an awesome game , people that say its boring and only has graphics going for it are full of crap and they probably never played it.

i dont doubt crytek are great developers but i cant see how a multiplat middleware engine is going to look better than fully optimized firsty party engines but i could be wrong.

eitherway ill have it on pc so, the real domain where crysis remains king

Well then. Count me as someone full of crap then. Crysis looked great but was weak and did not deliver what it promised gameplay wise, like so many other games this generation. Crytek are good programmers but not good game developers.

I wanna see Crysis 2 PC at maximum levels.

Around the Network
RAZurrection said:
Not surprised. They already said it would max out the PS3.

This and it has much more powerful left on 360 than the PS3 does.

Hope its a good game.

Skeeuk said:
i predict killzone 3 to have better visuals than crysis 2

no chance, Killzone 2 barely looks better than Crysis.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

luvtospooge said:

Yah, it's like Infinity Ward making CoD4 and MW2 better looking games then Resistance 2 or Square Enix making FFXIII look better then Demon Soul and White Knight Chronicles.

RageBot said:
I bet that it won't even look as good as Unchertd 2 on the PS3 /-

It's already been confirmed to look better by a few sources, even VGCharts itself refers to it as "the most beautiful game ever". Plus taking into account the sandbox nature and unparalelled physics system, it's like a generation ahead of the next best thing.

aragod said:
And I doubt that Crytek will pull it off for good, the best looking games on PS2 came late, noone believed that GOW2 could be pulled on PS2, but it happend.

Sure they did. They saw GoW2 trailers and said "that looks like GoW1, but with different levels" and that's what the game was.

I will wait for ND n Santa Monica next game before accepting their claim that they have maxed out PS3..
they still have PolyPhony to battle against...

does the pc version have mod support on crysis 1?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...