By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CRYTEK: Crysis 2 PS3 Will Hit Graphical Ceiling

Crysis 2 PS3 Will Hit Graphical Ceiling

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2871/crysis-2-ps3-will-hit-graphical-ceiling

Crytek has claimed that it's NewYork-based FPS sequel Crysis 2 will bring an unbeatable new visual quality to the PS3

The console has been spolit in recent months with Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and God of War III each setting new graphical  standards. However, lead Playstation 3 programmer Michael Glück is confident that Crysis 2 will exceed anything that has gone before.

"With each generation of game titles on PS3, usually every 2 years, the games improve significantly in its quality, mostly showing off in graphics," Glück told Play Magazine. "I think with Crysis 2 you will see the quality bar being set at a very high level that games will struggle to excel. We’re aiming to set a whole new benchmark with that game for all PS3 games."

“With Crysis 2 you will see the quality bar set at a high level that games will struggle to exceed”

The Crytek dev doesn't think that there will be much room for improvement in future games either. "Still with an AAA title shipped on PS3, you get the chance to improve further, so the next game developed with CryEngine 3 after Crysis 2 on PS3 will not be worse and rather be more polished and have higher quality in all areas. However, it is unlikely to see a major improvement in graphics as we try to not cut any graphical feature and rather optimize it until it becomes feasible. So I expect more density of game elements, physic effect, more interaction, but the major graphics quality will not be significantly improved."

The original Crysis was a PC powerhouse which looked so great that gamers willingly upgraded PCs and graphics cards just to play it. Check out the recent Crysis 2 screens to see what you think, and look out for our preview on the game soon...

----------------

thoughts?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Not surprised. They already said it would max out the PS3.

Crysis 3 PC > Crysis 2 PS3 > Crysis 2 360???

ethomaz said:

Crysis 3 PC > Crysis 2 PS3 > Crysis 2 360???

I was thinking the exact same thing, then again from what Crytek has said before its probably going to happen just like this.

Hey! EA also said that they maxed out the 360 so there we have it 360 has been maxed out because EA say so!!

http://www.neowin.net/news/gamers/09/06/10/ea-vp-claims-they-have-maxed-out-the-xbox-360

Around the Network
RAZurrection said:
Not surprised. They already said it would max out the PS3.

How many other companies have said they maxed out a console only to have another company produce better visuals later that year in another game?  Plenty

I dont believe this,  I believe the PS3 will move past this like it did all other past "visual benchmarks" that it had.

i predict killzone 3 to have better visuals than crysis 2

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Let's hope it has some nice art style as well.

Vetteman94 said:

How many other companies have said they maxed out a console only to have another company produce better visuals later that year in another game? 

It's different coming from Crytek, even on PC where hardware power doubles yearly Crysis 1 is still the game to beat. Plus C2 looks a generation ahead of the games listed in the OP...why just to match it they'd need sequels that had a 500-600% improvement in graphics. 

Vetteman94 said:

I dont believe this,  I believe the PS3 will move past this like it did all other past "visual benchmarks" that it had.

They're not saying it won't get better, but any improvement would just be insignificant, like an expansion pack or God of War 1 and 2 for example.

RAZurrection said:
Vetteman94 said:

How many other companies have said they maxed out a console only to have another company produce better visuals later that year in another game? 

It's different coming from Crytek, even on PC where hardware power doubles yearly Crysis 1 is still the game to beat. Plus C2 looks a generation ahead of the games listed in the OP...why just to match it they'd need sequels that had a 500-600% improvement in graphics. 

Vetteman94 said:

They're not saying it won't get better, but any improvement would just be insignificant, like an expansion pack or God of War 1 and 2 for example.

Well from the pictures I have seen of Crysis 2, it is only an insignificant improvement over what is already available.