By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's OtherOS removal defeated...

valen200 said:
 I have even heard vague rumors of a species known as "females".

Those are a myth, and it would benefit mankind of people like you would stop telling stories of a creature that has never existed. The last thing we need are creatures that cause this so called "lust" that the stories speak of.

PSN ID: KingFate_

Around the Network
KingFate said:
valen200 said:
 I have even heard vague rumors of a species known as "females".

Those are a myth, and it would benefit mankind of people like you would stop telling stories of a creature that has never existed. The last thing we need are creatures that cause this so called "lust" that the stories speak of.

Thanks for clearing that up. I had heard pleasing things about the "second base," but alas. While I am deeply disapointed at the news I can refocus my efforts on the things that truly matter in life, such as my Wii.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

slowmo said:
jneul said:
slowmo said:
joeorc said:
slowmo said:
jneul said:
I am sorry guys, but his intentions were malicious from the start it does not matter what Sony did, he would have done custom firmware eventually, please do not use this, goodness knows what it will bring to PS3, if you like spyware and viruses and getting personal information stolen, go for it.

None of that can happen over PSN because the hypervisor would stop any unsigned code being able to run on your PS3.  That my friend is FUD Sony chucked out there to try and fool people they were doing this for some altruistic purpose, its just not possible and they know it.

maybe not on some PS3's with CFW's, that's also a problem some PSP's with CFW's had been bricked due to unassigned code. yes the security an protection of the PS3 is by far more robust than the PSP but anything can happen. never say never.

You really don't know about the PSP modding scene then do you.  EVERY software bricked PSP can be retrieved by reflashing with Pandora, but carry on as I know you'll lose this debate. 

just remind us all how long it took them to bring out the pandora method lol, a long time in the meanwhile lots of bricked psp's was sold (at a loss) and lots of unhappy users as a result, i am just trying to highlight how it can be bad for user's.

as for my knowledge hello I am a developer, I do know what I'm talking about I could create some nasty applications if I really wanted, but I choose not to, it will not take them long to figure it out as nothing is unbreakable, it just took them longer to do it for PS3 (the first hack).

I'll say it once again just in case you skipped what I said last time.  You CANNOT RUN UNSIGNED CODE on a PS3 due to the hypervisor.  It is impossible without hacking the PS3 with hardware locally.  Look up how the security works on the PS3 and what the hack does, the leap your talking about is years away and in all likelyhood impossible regardless.

I don't give a toss about "unhappy" users who bricked their PSP's, the same as anyone who wipes out their drive key flashing a 360 or indeed kills their PS3 by attempting to hack it.  If you cannot afford to break something then don't modify them, there is really only one person to blame and that is the user themselves.  Pandora came out about 2 years after the release of the PSP, the number of bricks out there wasn't that excessive and many bricks were actually returned to stores rather than "sold at a loss".

yes you cannot run unsigned code on ps3's right now, I was talking about CFW Ps3's only, like i said if they achieve piracy they will have to do it by bypassing the security, anyways thanks for the input though, I am hoping I am wrong and custom firmware will never be able to run unsigned code on PS3's.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

jneul said:
slowmo said:
jneul said:
slowmo said:
joeorc said:
slowmo said:
jneul said:
I am sorry guys, but his intentions were malicious from the start it does not matter what Sony did, he would have done custom firmware eventually, please do not use this, goodness knows what it will bring to PS3, if you like spyware and viruses and getting personal information stolen, go for it.

None of that can happen over PSN because the hypervisor would stop any unsigned code being able to run on your PS3.  That my friend is FUD Sony chucked out there to try and fool people they were doing this for some altruistic purpose, its just not possible and they know it.

maybe not on some PS3's with CFW's, that's also a problem some PSP's with CFW's had been bricked due to unassigned code. yes the security an protection of the PS3 is by far more robust than the PSP but anything can happen. never say never.

You really don't know about the PSP modding scene then do you.  EVERY software bricked PSP can be retrieved by reflashing with Pandora, but carry on as I know you'll lose this debate. 

just remind us all how long it took them to bring out the pandora method lol, a long time in the meanwhile lots of bricked psp's was sold (at a loss) and lots of unhappy users as a result, i am just trying to highlight how it can be bad for user's.

as for my knowledge hello I am a developer, I do know what I'm talking about I could create some nasty applications if I really wanted, but I choose not to, it will not take them long to figure it out as nothing is unbreakable, it just took them longer to do it for PS3 (the first hack).

I'll say it once again just in case you skipped what I said last time.  You CANNOT RUN UNSIGNED CODE on a PS3 due to the hypervisor.  It is impossible without hacking the PS3 with hardware locally.  Look up how the security works on the PS3 and what the hack does, the leap your talking about is years away and in all likelyhood impossible regardless.

I don't give a toss about "unhappy" users who bricked their PSP's, the same as anyone who wipes out their drive key flashing a 360 or indeed kills their PS3 by attempting to hack it.  If you cannot afford to break something then don't modify them, there is really only one person to blame and that is the user themselves.  Pandora came out about 2 years after the release of the PSP, the number of bricks out there wasn't that excessive and many bricks were actually returned to stores rather than "sold at a loss".

yes you cannot run unsigned code on ps3's right now, I was talking about CFW Ps3's only, like i said if they achieve piracy they will have to do it by bypassing the security, anyways thanks for the input though, I am hoping I am wrong and custom firmware will never be able to run unsigned code on PS3's.

I'm sure unsigned code will be possible on Ps3's with CFW soon enough but the point is that will only affect those who hack their system being vunerable to any attack, anyone with a unmodified PS3 running other OS would have been fine, that was all I was saying.