By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Are macs really better then pc's?

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Sorcery said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
PC are hands down better than MACs.

Most people only buy MAC or other Apple products cause they are the 'COOL' thing of today and having it is a style statement.Showing off.No wonder iPHONE sold so well even though it had nothing

The iPhone is still one of the best smartphones out there, even with all the ones that followed its release. I have no interest in getting one, but I'm not going to deny it's an excellent device.

As for Mac vs PC? I honestly don't know what to say. PC laptops sort of suck ass, to be honest, but Macbooks are all built to be incredibly efficient despite lacking the power of their PC laptop counterparts. I honestly look at Macs like Nintendo systems; they're built extremely well, a bit overpriced considering their components, but they'll treat you well and last a long time. I look at PC's like Sony/MS systems; they're not that well built and they won't last that long, but they'll throw as much power as they can at you in comparison to what you'll pay for them.

That's not to say all Macs are well-built, you're still going to have problems on occasion, but on the whole they perform nicely.

iphone is ok.

but its noway near the droid or Nokia n900 or xperia.not even anyway near the nokia old ones like N95-96-97.

heck the first iphone didn't even show you the name of the person in ur directory that was calling you and didn't have 3g which was there way before

The iPhone may lose in features, but it wins in design. I have an iPhone, and my mom has a Droid. It's big, bulky, heavy, and doesn't fit in pockets well. The iPhone is the exact opposite. 

OT: PC works for me, and that's where the games are. Besides, I don't want to pay 3 times the price for the same parts. Macs have a wonderful OS, but it's not worth the extra money.

Around the Network
stof said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

Most people only buy MAC or other Apple products cause they are the 'COOL' thing of today and having it is a style statement.Showing off.No wonder iPHONE sold so well even though it had nothing

You know you sound like an ass, right?

i know i sound very very offensive.

But i just don't like the people who not knowing anything about about the product buy it cause everybody else is buying

Considering the price is usually much higher than for equivalently specced PCs, the price/performance ratio is actually rather poor. Macs nowadays are more about style, cool looking slim devices often with passive cooling, etc.

MacOS X is much better than previous MacOS releases and I would prefer this OS from a technical perspective if not Windows was better supported and MacOS despite advanced internals is too much geared towards noobs.

I grew up with Amigas which had pre-emptive multi-tasking from the beginning since the mid 80s and I was used to using a mouse with at least 2 buttons, although I used a 3 button optical mouse a couple of years later, so using a one button mouse felt very lacking to me.

In the early 90s Amigas were actually the fastest Macs you could buy, my Amiga could emulate several instances of single tasking 68k MacOS from within AmigaOS and software could run faster than on a real Mac. The MacOS environment felt so limited to me though, but there was much MacOS software available which wasn't available for the Amiga, so being able to emulate the software faster than on a real Mac from within AmigaOS was very welcomed.

I like it that Microsoft is getting more competition. But in reality I am not impressed by either MacOS, Windows nor Linux distros. They are all so inefficient with the hardware resources and from the usage perspective have seen far too few gains compared to where we should stand today IMO. If only Amiga projects, BeOS or even QNX would have gotten the support and resources they deserved...

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

nightsurge said:
rakugakist said:
It's funny how many people here think that Macs are for lazy people or for people who just want to be cool. Does anyone here do animation or video editing for a living? Macs are extremely efficient and run just as many programs as PC's incredibly well. Hell, I can even run Windows from my Mac, in full form, no problem.

It's fine if you prefer PC's, many people do, but don't act like you know all Mac users are lazy or just trying to be hip. It makes you seem extremely uninformed and ignorant.

Ah, another misconception.  The notion that a Mac is somehow better than a PC for multimedia and art related fields.  Most professional multimedia developers use PCs.  The ones that use Macs still use the same programs that they could use on a much more powerful PC for cheaper.  Really there is no reason to pick a Mac over a PC if you want to be some sort animator, graphic artist, video editor, etc.

I prefer FCP and the UI on a Mac, and most people I work with prefer the same.  I will also take Maya on a Mac any day of the week.  It all comes down to preference I suppose, are you a member of the field?

So many Mac haters. What a shame.

Check out my band, (the) Fracture Suit!!

http://www.myspace.com/fracturesuit

Have you been enslaved?

Around the Network

The PC Market is so much bigger than the MAC. MACS are just well put together PCs after all and if you look you will find plenty of third party PC manufacturers making very well made and priced products.

To blindly say MAC is probably a bit niave. I think you may prefer them but they are not better.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

well i'v used pc my whole life and i just recently switched to a mac but heres what i think

for a laptop i like macs better

for a computer i like pc more

I got my hands on a Mac recently and they are cool, easy to move around physically, the OS loads faster than Windows 7 (on a somewhat similar performance machine), and has virtual desktops built in. Plus the OS is actually Unix, so you got a powerful terminal to work with, and other unix/linux stuff. The screen is big and has good colours.
On the other hand, it's freeking expensive (for the price of that mac, I could have made a much more powerful PC, minus possibly the monitor).
The mouse movement is abysmal, that is it moves very slowly at low speeds then goes abruptly to a high speed if the mouse is moved faster. It's like "mousing through mud" as someone put it, and I agree. Actually this is by far my biggest problem with the mac. Even now, thinking about the movement of the mouse makes me fell all kinds of negative stuff.
And the screen is covered with a glossy glass thing that reflects everything and the neighbors dog.

Macs are fail for gaming. There's no games on them except WoW and COD, and if you need to use windows on a Mac you might as well have a PC.

SmoothCriminal said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Sorcery said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

The iPhone is still one of the best smartphones out there, even with all the ones that followed its release. I have no interest in getting one, but I'm not going to deny it's an excellent device.

As for Mac vs PC? I honestly don't know what to say. PC laptops sort of suck ass, to be honest, but Macbooks are all built to be incredibly efficient despite lacking the power of their PC laptop counterparts. I honestly look at Macs like Nintendo systems; they're built extremely well, a bit overpriced considering their components, but they'll treat you well and last a long time. I look at PC's like Sony/MS systems; they're not that well built and they won't last that long, but they'll throw as much power as they can at you in comparison to what you'll pay for them.

That's not to say all Macs are well-built, you're still going to have problems on occasion, but on the whole they perform nicely.

iphone is ok.

but its noway near the droid or Nokia n900 or xperia.not even anyway near the nokia old ones like N95-96-97.

heck the first iphone didn't even show you the name of the person in ur directory that was calling you and didn't have 3g which was there way before

The iPhone may lose in features, but it wins in design. I have an iPhone, and my mom has a Droid. It's big, bulky, heavy, and doesn't fit in pockets well. The iPhone is the exact opposite. 

OT: PC works for me, and that's where the games are. Besides, I don't want to pay 3 times the price for the same parts. Macs have a wonderful OS, but it's not worth the extra money.

just buying an iPhone for design isn't justifying.The OP is about whether MACS are better overall and they are not.

Iphone was majorly succesful because of the iPOD similar branding.Otherwise it would have be like all other phones.