By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is gran turismo is best racing game in racing genre?

Diddy kong racing needs a comeback

Around the Network
hollywood85 said:

<------ with this, greatest reacing game eva!!!!

Are you racing or going to war in this game???

EDIT: LOL, just listened to the second part of the music - very "racer"! Indeed, great tune!

jedians said:
Euphoria14 said:
Mod Nation Racers suckas!

Still not released.lol thanks for your preview

No problem.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

andremop said:
hollywood85 said:

<------ with this, greatest reacing game eva!!!!

Are you racing or going to war in this game???

EDIT: LOL, just listened to the second part of the music - very "racer"! Indeed, great tune!

no GT is complete without it, it gt5 don't have this I will be a very sad panda,

oh and the opera part totally blew my face off the first time I heard it.

Well I dislike simulation racers so obviously I wouldn't even consider it haha. I love Mario Kart and Burnout, and consider Burnout 3: Takedown to be the best racing game I've ever played. But a lot of people love GT and many consider it the best simulation racing genre out there. Really I couldn't tell you if that was true because I dislike all of the sim racers haha.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
waron said:
dahuman said:
yo_john117 said:
dahuman said:
yo_john117 said:
Xoj said:
i am yet to see a racing game with the amout of polish as GT

How the hell do you not know about Forza 3?!?!?

He's talking polish here, and I have to agree that I haven't seen racers on consoles with the amount of polish as GT stuff, not on consoles anyways.

How is F3 not incredibly polished?

http://forzacentral.com/forum/showthread.php?33242-Forza-Motorsport-3-Bug-List  There are actually more than that, that's just one example of it.

5: Shadows, they will sometimes just disappear and make the car look like it's floating

8: Issues with the LOD on the trees and bushes on the track, on some replays it's very noticeable. An example is one of the replay camera angles on Camino Viejo de Montserrat.

13: Lagging occurs when the sign showing your friends are online is shown/popping out.

14: Trying to redeem your credits from the store front often takes 3 or 4 attempts. When you press "redeem" it says "calculating credits" and then nothing happens, you have to keep pressing it and then eventually it comes up asking if you want your credits transferred.

17: Using the right thumbstick, sometimes the throttle stays wide open when you go from throttle to breaking.

25: Range Rover Supercharged windows cannot be tinted.

26: Viewing the rear of cars in the AH/paint editor is VERY dark.

28: Tires going through the ground when you slam on the ground, for example on the Nurburgring where the tire flex goes abit wrong and sends the tires into the ground.

31: On some cars: Exhaust tone does not sound different at all when upgraded.

34: When in Splitscreen there's no extra sound in a tunnel. It's just the normal sound.

35: If you buy the R2 Race Zonda, and paint it, the head lamps in the previews show that the headlight enclosure is that black carbon, but when you go race its a bright white. You cant paint it either.

39: On a lot of the cars the driver does not sit properly in his seat. The back of the seat can be as far back as 10 inches from when where the driver's back is resting.

44: When driving the Ford GT, look backwards and let off the gas, there's a strange sound through the engine. Sounds like it's not original from the car.

47: When you hire a computer to drive your car, if you put the outside camera and look at left/right of your car, in some cars for example Seat Leon Cupra 03, M3 E-92, C36 AMG, you will notice that the front brakes calipers are in the opposite than the normal ones. But when you go to Photo mode, they appear as normal.

49: Auction house bug: If you have lots and lots of liveries that you've bought off of Storefront, it takes a long time for the My Designs screen to load, and once you get there, there's some tremendous load times in between the different liveries.

52. Everything you put on the front license plate area of the 2005 Impreza gets reversed.

53. Citroen C4 steering wheel does not function properly like the one in real life, the steering center of the steering wheel is supposed to stay stationery while the outer ring of the steering wheel steers.

57. Most of the Viper GTS-R's sounds like V8s

58. Every time you lap a car, the shadows of the car you're passing flickers.

59. Ferrari 355 Challenge car shows neither the stick nor the paddle shift animations.

60. A stock Lamborghini Diablo SV can do 116mph on reverse.

61. After I finished a photoshoot in the R34 Skyline on the Fujimi Kaido, I accidentally pressed photomode again. So I tried to quit as fast as possible, and left photomode before it showed the picture. But when I went back into the race, it was showing a still picture but the car was still going. Going back into photomode, allowing it to show the picture and then leaving photomode again fixed the problem.

--------------------------------------------------

now those are some serious game breaking bugs, cause GT never had them, right? oh wait. GT have most of them plus a lot more.

drifting physics are the same as rally physics, Limitation of Physics Engine

breaking sounds are the same midi-like annoying sound for every car(that's some few hundreds bugs right there my friend), Design Choice

dissapearing tyre tracks, Design Choice

different cars have exact same stats and basically there are only few different versions of stats copied and placed on every car model(that's another few hundreds bugs right there), Again, Design Choice

different cars share the exact same car model(that's another few hundreds bugs right there), Again, Design Choice Based On Limitation

engine sounds are shared between different cars, Again, Design Choice

weird ass collision physics, Limitation of Physics Engine That's not a bug, that's how the game works based on the implemented physics engine, AKA working as intended, but can always be improved in later games.

on few tracks cars can just fly away(oval track in GT5p), Only this one is a real bug that you've listed.

etc.

now, I'm not saying that the GT games have no bugs, but at least list more valid ones that has nothing to do with design choice but are actual bugs if you want a valid discussion.

funny how you call complete laziness, a design choice.

how the hell taking copying drift into rally and snow races a physics engine limitation?

i won't even comment rest of this BS.

waron said:
dahuman said:
waron said:
dahuman said:
yo_john117 said:
dahuman said:
yo_john117 said:
Xoj said:
i am yet to see a racing game with the amout of polish as GT

How the hell do you not know about Forza 3?!?!?

He's talking polish here, and I have to agree that I haven't seen racers on consoles with the amount of polish as GT stuff, not on consoles anyways.

How is F3 not incredibly polished?

http://forzacentral.com/forum/showthread.php?33242-Forza-Motorsport-3-Bug-List  There are actually more than that, that's just one example of it.

5: Shadows, they will sometimes just disappear and make the car look like it's floating

8: Issues with the LOD on the trees and bushes on the track, on some replays it's very noticeable. An example is one of the replay camera angles on Camino Viejo de Montserrat.

13: Lagging occurs when the sign showing your friends are online is shown/popping out.

14: Trying to redeem your credits from the store front often takes 3 or 4 attempts. When you press "redeem" it says "calculating credits" and then nothing happens, you have to keep pressing it and then eventually it comes up asking if you want your credits transferred.

17: Using the right thumbstick, sometimes the throttle stays wide open when you go from throttle to breaking.

25: Range Rover Supercharged windows cannot be tinted.

26: Viewing the rear of cars in the AH/paint editor is VERY dark.

28: Tires going through the ground when you slam on the ground, for example on the Nurburgring where the tire flex goes abit wrong and sends the tires into the ground.

31: On some cars: Exhaust tone does not sound different at all when upgraded.

34: When in Splitscreen there's no extra sound in a tunnel. It's just the normal sound.

35: If you buy the R2 Race Zonda, and paint it, the head lamps in the previews show that the headlight enclosure is that black carbon, but when you go race its a bright white. You cant paint it either.

39: On a lot of the cars the driver does not sit properly in his seat. The back of the seat can be as far back as 10 inches from when where the driver's back is resting.

44: When driving the Ford GT, look backwards and let off the gas, there's a strange sound through the engine. Sounds like it's not original from the car.

47: When you hire a computer to drive your car, if you put the outside camera and look at left/right of your car, in some cars for example Seat Leon Cupra 03, M3 E-92, C36 AMG, you will notice that the front brakes calipers are in the opposite than the normal ones. But when you go to Photo mode, they appear as normal.

49: Auction house bug: If you have lots and lots of liveries that you've bought off of Storefront, it takes a long time for the My Designs screen to load, and once you get there, there's some tremendous load times in between the different liveries.

52. Everything you put on the front license plate area of the 2005 Impreza gets reversed.

53. Citroen C4 steering wheel does not function properly like the one in real life, the steering center of the steering wheel is supposed to stay stationery while the outer ring of the steering wheel steers.

57. Most of the Viper GTS-R's sounds like V8s

58. Every time you lap a car, the shadows of the car you're passing flickers.

59. Ferrari 355 Challenge car shows neither the stick nor the paddle shift animations.

60. A stock Lamborghini Diablo SV can do 116mph on reverse.

61. After I finished a photoshoot in the R34 Skyline on the Fujimi Kaido, I accidentally pressed photomode again. So I tried to quit as fast as possible, and left photomode before it showed the picture. But when I went back into the race, it was showing a still picture but the car was still going. Going back into photomode, allowing it to show the picture and then leaving photomode again fixed the problem.

--------------------------------------------------

now those are some serious game breaking bugs, cause GT never had them, right? oh wait. GT have most of them plus a lot more.

drifting physics are the same as rally physics, Limitation of Physics Engine

breaking sounds are the same midi-like annoying sound for every car(that's some few hundreds bugs right there my friend), Design Choice

dissapearing tyre tracks, Design Choice

different cars have exact same stats and basically there are only few different versions of stats copied and placed on every car model(that's another few hundreds bugs right there), Again, Design Choice

different cars share the exact same car model(that's another few hundreds bugs right there), Again, Design Choice Based On Limitation

engine sounds are shared between different cars, Again, Design Choice

weird ass collision physics, Limitation of Physics Engine That's not a bug, that's how the game works based on the implemented physics engine, AKA working as intended, but can always be improved in later games.

on few tracks cars can just fly away(oval track in GT5p), Only this one is a real bug that you've listed.

etc.

now, I'm not saying that the GT games have no bugs, but at least list more valid ones that has nothing to do with design choice but are actual bugs if you want a valid discussion.

funny how you call complete laziness, a design choice.

how the hell taking copying drift into rally and snow races a physics engine limitation?

i won't even comment rest of this BS.

lets call it lazy for your argument sake, they are still not bugs, call BS however you want.

This thread was over after the 3rd post. Don't know how it got to 108.

No, Super mario kart for the snes is.

Chairman-Mao said:
This thread was over after the 3rd post. Don't know how it got to 108.

read all 107 posts and then you will become know that how it reached to 108.