By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is gran turismo is best racing game in racing genre?

waron said:
perpride, the fact that cars in GT drive harder than in Burnout or Mario Kart doesn't make it a simulation game. before you say anything try real racing sims like Race series, iRacing, Race Pro etc. GT5 from last demo looks like Burnout compared to Race Pro alone and it was just dumbed down 2-3 year old version of Race 07.

the fact that sony and PD likes to overhype their games and gives ridiculous statements doesn't change the facts.

hell, when sony showed their nascar GT5 trailer it was just sad - especially when people who normally were shiting all over GT series saying what should be said long time ago was saying BS thanks to sony's money. when Dale Earnhardt Jr were sprouting BS on that trailer it was just sad. hell whole trailer was probably violation of Nascar - iRacing.com deal.

Waron why do you feel the need to bash gran turismo so badly, did gran turismo do bad things to you as a child?

Around the Network
eggs2see said:
waron said:
perpride, the fact that cars in GT drive harder than in Burnout or Mario Kart doesn't make it a simulation game. before you say anything try real racing sims like Race series, iRacing, Race Pro etc. GT5 from last demo looks like Burnout compared to Race Pro alone and it was just dumbed down 2-3 year old version of Race 07.

the fact that sony and PD likes to overhype their games and gives ridiculous statements doesn't change the facts.

hell, when sony showed their nascar GT5 trailer it was just sad - especially when people who normally were shiting all over GT series saying what should be said long time ago was saying BS thanks to sony's money. when Dale Earnhardt Jr were sprouting BS on that trailer it was just sad. hell whole trailer was probably violation of Nascar - iRacing.com deal.

Waron why do you feel the need to bash gran turismo so badly, did gran turismo do bad things to you as a child?

lol but i think this is his opinion might be you feel that he is bashing game samething some ps3 guyz doing that gt5 is best and better than FORZA3 we can say this also by saying that hell yeah GT is best there is no need to prove GT is best by taking references of forza and hurt other gamer

waron said:

Are you serious?

Are people in this thread just making stuff up at this point? Do you not know what a driving simulator is? What made you think what I said had anything to do with Gran Turismo being hard? What makes you even think Gran Turismo is hard? Do you know that there are people on the Polyphony Digital team that spent months of hard work to make sure the cars handle and look like they do in real life? I can't believe some of the shit I'm reading here, and this is not completely directed at you Waron.

I never claimed it was the best simulator....I just said it is by far the best racing game in the world. Period. This doesn't mean its the closest thing available to real life, but it damn sure is the best. And it's deffinitley, 100 billion % a simulator. Denying that is a joke.

FOR ANYONE WHO IS STILL CONFUSED AT THIS POINT: THE HATE YOU SEE IN THIS THREAD IS BECAUSE GRAN TURISMO IS THE HIGHEST SELLING PLAYSTATION FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME.

zgamer5 said:
rapsuperstar31 said:
Gran Turismo would be the best unless of course you count Mario Kart in which case Gran Turismo is 2nd!!

mario kart is the one of the worst "racing" games out their, if it is even a racing game. Yes you race in it but i think that it would be better to call it a "kart" game. It's a great and very fun game i love it. It doesn't have real cars, the karts don't look real, and the physics don't have anything to do with driving. That is why it ain't a racing game, it's a kart game, or more of an arcade racing game.

The top two racing games out their are forza and gran turismo. Personally i find gran turismo to be better, the physics are better, the cars feel better, and i personally enjoy the overall feeling of the game.

it is the best racing game out their.

If two people run to get to a goal, it's a race. If two boats try to get to a goal faster, it's a race. If karts try to get to a goal faster, it's a race. Mario Kart has always been a racing game and the best one at that. No weird logic you make up will remove Mario Kart from this genre.

rubido said:
zgamer5 said:
rapsuperstar31 said:
Gran Turismo would be the best unless of course you count Mario Kart in which case Gran Turismo is 2nd!!

mario kart is the one of the worst "racing" games out their, if it is even a racing game. Yes you race in it but i think that it would be better to call it a "kart" game. It's a great and very fun game i love it. It doesn't have real cars, the karts don't look real, and the physics don't have anything to do with driving. That is why it ain't a racing game, it's a kart game, or more of an arcade racing game.

The top two racing games out their are forza and gran turismo. Personally i find gran turismo to be better, the physics are better, the cars feel better, and i personally enjoy the overall feeling of the game.

If two people run to get to a goal, it's a race. If two boats try to get to a goal faster, it's a race. If karts try to get to a goal faster, it's a race. Mario Kart has always been a racing game and the best one at that. No weird logic you make up will remove Mario Kart from this genre.

nice post bro we are talking about here the best racing game whther it is cart,simulator or what so else

Around the Network
rubido said:
zgamer5 said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

FACT

Opinnion

And I respectfully disagree :)

rubido said:

Good point. But fans of either GT or Forza still will draw a line between sims and arcades just to keep beloved game from competition of the game that far superior to them in fun factor. Just look at how defensive people get when they struck by the same weapon by PC elitists and racing sim enthusiasts who reasonably claim superioty of bunch of more detailed racing sims in what they do better than GT and Forza - simulating a racing car. Still both games are good for those in between - realistic presentation and environment with relatively simplistic physic model = arcadey gameplay and cult following.

yo_john117 said:
dahuman said:
yo_john117 said:
dahuman said:
yo_john117 said:
Xoj said:
i am yet to see a racing game with the amout of polish as GT

How the hell do you not know about Forza 3?!?!?

He's talking polish here, and I have to agree that I haven't seen racers on consoles with the amount of polish as GT stuff, not on consoles anyways.

How is F3 not incredibly polished?

http://forzacentral.com/forum/showthread.php?33242-Forza-Motorsport-3-Bug-List  There are actually more than that, that's just one example of it.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50770  And like you said there are more, this is just one example of it.  All games have bugs no matter how polished, and I have not encountered even 1 bug in the whole 35+ hours I have spent in Forza 3.  Fact is Forza 3 is an incredibly polished game.

yes, you are right, every game has bugs, the difference is polish, just because you haven't ran into them as you have claimed (not like you are a game tester, so it's fine that you don't,) it doesn't mean it's as polished as GT, the bug list in GT is generally smaller for the respective time that it came out vs other racers of the same time. what basically ends up happening nowadays is that devs think it's OK to fucking release a game that's full of bugs because they can just patch it later hence shelfing fucked up products for 60 bucks and then charge people more money for things that shouldn't have been there or should HAVE been there to start with, which I fear will be the case for GT5 as well, we'll see how polished GT5 is when it comes out to have an actual comparison of polish this time around.

waron said:
dahuman said:
yo_john117 said:
dahuman said:
yo_john117 said:
Xoj said:
i am yet to see a racing game with the amout of polish as GT

How the hell do you not know about Forza 3?!?!?

He's talking polish here, and I have to agree that I haven't seen racers on consoles with the amount of polish as GT stuff, not on consoles anyways.

How is F3 not incredibly polished?

http://forzacentral.com/forum/showthread.php?33242-Forza-Motorsport-3-Bug-List  There are actually more than that, that's just one example of it.

5: Shadows, they will sometimes just disappear and make the car look like it's floating

8: Issues with the LOD on the trees and bushes on the track, on some replays it's very noticeable. An example is one of the replay camera angles on Camino Viejo de Montserrat.

13: Lagging occurs when the sign showing your friends are online is shown/popping out.

14: Trying to redeem your credits from the store front often takes 3 or 4 attempts. When you press "redeem" it says "calculating credits" and then nothing happens, you have to keep pressing it and then eventually it comes up asking if you want your credits transferred.

17: Using the right thumbstick, sometimes the throttle stays wide open when you go from throttle to breaking.

25: Range Rover Supercharged windows cannot be tinted.

26: Viewing the rear of cars in the AH/paint editor is VERY dark.

28: Tires going through the ground when you slam on the ground, for example on the Nurburgring where the tire flex goes abit wrong and sends the tires into the ground.

31: On some cars: Exhaust tone does not sound different at all when upgraded.

34: When in Splitscreen there's no extra sound in a tunnel. It's just the normal sound.

35: If you buy the R2 Race Zonda, and paint it, the head lamps in the previews show that the headlight enclosure is that black carbon, but when you go race its a bright white. You cant paint it either.

39: On a lot of the cars the driver does not sit properly in his seat. The back of the seat can be as far back as 10 inches from when where the driver's back is resting.

44: When driving the Ford GT, look backwards and let off the gas, there's a strange sound through the engine. Sounds like it's not original from the car.

47: When you hire a computer to drive your car, if you put the outside camera and look at left/right of your car, in some cars for example Seat Leon Cupra 03, M3 E-92, C36 AMG, you will notice that the front brakes calipers are in the opposite than the normal ones. But when you go to Photo mode, they appear as normal.

49: Auction house bug: If you have lots and lots of liveries that you've bought off of Storefront, it takes a long time for the My Designs screen to load, and once you get there, there's some tremendous load times in between the different liveries.

52. Everything you put on the front license plate area of the 2005 Impreza gets reversed.

53. Citroen C4 steering wheel does not function properly like the one in real life, the steering center of the steering wheel is supposed to stay stationery while the outer ring of the steering wheel steers.

57. Most of the Viper GTS-R's sounds like V8s

58. Every time you lap a car, the shadows of the car you're passing flickers.

59. Ferrari 355 Challenge car shows neither the stick nor the paddle shift animations.

60. A stock Lamborghini Diablo SV can do 116mph on reverse.

61. After I finished a photoshoot in the R34 Skyline on the Fujimi Kaido, I accidentally pressed photomode again. So I tried to quit as fast as possible, and left photomode before it showed the picture. But when I went back into the race, it was showing a still picture but the car was still going. Going back into photomode, allowing it to show the picture and then leaving photomode again fixed the problem.

--------------------------------------------------

now those are some serious game breaking bugs, cause GT never had them, right? oh wait. GT have most of them plus a lot more.

drifting physics are the same as rally physics, Limitation of Physics Engine

breaking sounds are the same midi-like annoying sound for every car(that's some few hundreds bugs right there my friend), Design Choice

dissapearing tyre tracks, Design Choice

different cars have exact same stats and basically there are only few different versions of stats copied and placed on every car model(that's another few hundreds bugs right there), Again, Design Choice

different cars share the exact same car model(that's another few hundreds bugs right there), Again, Design Choice Based On Limitation

engine sounds are shared between different cars, Again, Design Choice

weird ass collision physics, Limitation of Physics Engine That's not a bug, that's how the game works based on the implemented physics engine, AKA working as intended, but can always be improved in later games.

on few tracks cars can just fly away(oval track in GT5p), Only this one is a real bug that you've listed.

etc.

now, I'm not saying that the GT games have no bugs, but at least list more valid ones that has nothing to do with design choice but are actual bugs if you want a valid discussion.

<------ with this, greatest reacing game eva!!!!