By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega: Madworld on Wii was a “mismatch”

I could see why Platinum games would want to focus on the HD consoles.. There would be far more HD fanboys willing to shell out $60 for an 8 hour campaign mode in Madworld.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
theprof00 said:
this is ridiculous. The same Nintendo fans constantly speak up saying that sales of games are better when the game does one thing really well or is highly innovative, but here they are saying that the game just plain sucked.
That is a mismatch by the very definition of every one of you.

All I constantly hear is that the games that do badly on the wii are simply bad games. The problem is, no comparisons can ever be made because the same people refuse to acknowledge it. Like Lord above said "And claiming Bayonetta is to indicate sales of Madworld is like comparing an ice cream recipe with a pizza recipe just because the same chef made them."

The only comparison that could then be accepted would be one in which the same game came out on both an HD system AND the wii. Of course, then the argument would be that one game had more options or whatever than the other, or that the gameplay is different.

I guess the only conclusion we can make now is that Nintendo fans should refrain from this "market mismatch"-type of argument because they are arguing an unprovable point from an unaccepting standpoint. Seriously, there is no possible way to show how the mismatch syncs up fairly using one or several titles.

Exactly. The fanbase has collectively disproven all arguments, so only the truth can remain

:P

:P

I'm just sayin' that the truth will be impossible to uncover if every side pleads ignorance to any possibility but their own.

So were comparing Madworld and Bayonetta...... Two entirely different games.

Oh, and comparing sales data for a week in a single region VS LTD WW sales is not very subjective.

I thought Bayonetta with 480K on X360 and 530K on PS3 was a pure flop.

I remember to see that a game needs to sell more than 1 Million to break even on any of the HD consoles.

I don't think Mad World would have even sold on the 360 and PS3 when trying to compete with all these other franchises. I'm surprised Bayonetta sold this much already.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network

It's not a mismatch, just a bad game.

4-5 hours max and very limited replay value, the visual style is very confusing at first look, nice for a while, then just boring. The gameplay and controls are solid enough, but after 2 hours of mixing things up a bit you are essentially doing the same thing over and over again, though at least that repetition only lasts another couple of hours.

Bamboleo said:
I thought Bayonetta with 480K on X360 and 530K on PS3 was a pure flop.

I remember to see that a game needs to sell more than 1 Million to break even on any of the HD consoles.

I doubt that, because that would mean it cost 20 million to make the game.

http://www.forbes.com/2006/12/19/ps3-xbox360-costs-tech-cx_rr_game06_1219expensivegames.html

"

For the companies that do put next-generation titles out early, making a profit is tough. Namco Bandai president Takeo Takasu said his company needs to sell at least 500,000 copies of each PlayStation 3 game it creates to make a profit. Analysts predict that some other publishers will need to clear 1 million units to get in the black--and start making about $1 per game sold.

The remaining $59 per game goes into many hands. The biggest portion--nearly 45%--goes toward simply programming and designing the game itself. Then the console maker, retailer and marketers each get a cut. Add in manufacturing and management costs, and depending on the type of game, a license fee. Some gamemakers also have to pay a distributor to help get their titles in stores."

As you can see, 1$ per game is put into "profit". Another 45% pays for the dev costs.

So, for a 50$ game, about 20$ per title is going into dev costs.
At 500k in sales, the devs have paid off 10M$ worth of costs whereby the overflow goes into profit, and they have made 500k$ in straight profit. To illustrate, if the game costs 8M to make and they sold 500k copies at 50$ per, they just made 2.5M in profit. (10M dev's cut, minus 8M dev cost, plus 1$ per copy sold.)

However, for all intents and purposes, the average HD game is 60$ at launch, where the bulk of the sales are, so they are actually making .45X60$= ~27$. At 500k sold, that's 13.5M for dev costs. Only the highly produced games like Call of duty and metal gear solid or Halo/Gears of War actually require 20M$+ to make. Most regular games cost between 2M and 20M to make.

wouldnt suprise me to hear about a madworld hd version at e3.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Maybe they should have made Madworld into a dancing game it would have sold more. It worked for Ubisoft.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

the funniest thing about these articles is how they always point to the Wii's first week or first month, and then always point to the total for the game they are comparing it too. Like, "X game has sold 6mil worldwide so far while B game on Wii only sold 15 thousand on its first day. A complete disaster!!!"

Madoworld on Wii sold more in its total  then the 360 version has of Bayonetta. For a game of that calibur with that marketing push behind it, 1.1mil is kinda lame Honetly