By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon 5th Gen to be revealed 11th April.

SmokedHostage said:
They already confirmed that fifth generation was going to be on DS.

It'll probably be enhanced for 3DS. Like Gold and Silver were playable on GB but enhanced on GBC.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
Demotruk said:
SmokedHostage said:
They already confirmed that fifth generation was going to be on DS.

It'll probably be enhanced for 3DS. Like Gold and Silver were playable on GB but enhanced on GBC.

or they mjust couldn't say the 2DS so they just said DS lol

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Topaz and Amethyst are feasible names for the new games.

I am a member of the Official Nintendo Magazine. I contribute to many sites.

I have had some ideas for new Pokemon. A Flamingo is one example.

Now that my 7-year-old son has fallen under the sway of Pokemon, I am convinced it is a way of life.

Given that his DS speakers have given up the ghost, it PKM 5 were released for 3DS at launch, it would probably lead to him (us) skipping several generations to get to the present.

(Right now, I am helping him finish his first game -- Yellow and watching the Indigo League animee on VHS.)

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

Was that DS thing a confirmation, though? I thought that was just speculation.

It would make a lot more sense as a 3DS exclusive. It would be the first time three sets of pokemon games have appeared on a device, otherwise.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

It would make a lot more sense as a 3DS exclusive. It would be the first time three sets of pokemon games have appeared on a device, otherwise.

It's being released in Japan this year and I doubt the 3DS will have the userbase needed for a potentially 15 million or higher selling Pokémon title.

EDIT: serebii.net/generation5/ might be useful

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
Mr Khan said:

It's being released in Japan this year and I doubt the 3DS will have the userbase needed for a potentially 15 million or higher selling Pokémon title.

EDIT: serebii.net/generation5/ might be useful

Which is why it's important for 3DS. You can't look at this from the perspective of a third party developer, Nintendo positions it's titles to drive hardware, not just sell the most software.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Mr Khan said:

from the investor relations meeting back in January.

I'd like to introduce you to another new Pokémon title, which should become one of the most anticipated Nintendo DS titles for this year. The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo have been developing a new Pokémon title with the aim to launch the software this year.

The cumulative global sales of all the Pokémon series software have reached 130 million. This new Pokémon software will become the first brand new Pokémon title in 4 years since Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, which sold more than 5.8 million units in Japan, was launched.

Of course, this totally new Pokémon title will include new fields of adventure and a number of new Pokémons living there. As a totally new version, it will contain various unprecedented experiences.

so take it as you will.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

mike_intellivision said:

(Right now, I am helping him finish his first game -- Yellow and watching the Indigo League animee on VHS.)

Mike from Morgantown

You might be the coolest dad ever. My dad just looked at me and shook his head when my brother and I brought home SoulSilver and HeartGold.

@Topic

I'm gonna have an all Dark type team, and it's gonna be awesome! For now, here's Pokemon I know I'll have on my team:

1. Zoroark
2. Weavile
3. Honchkrow