By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sadness officially vaporware, soundtrack released

Not meaning to pile on here, but I figured it was relevant. 
This month marks the fourth anniversary for the original trailer for Sadness. This means it was "in development" before the Wii debuted.The game was scheduled to release before the end of 2007.  This means it should have been out for three holiday sales seasons by now.
But the game was never made. Its "cancellation" has much more to do with internal problems at the developer (if it was ever going to do any work) than it has to do with lack of confidence in the Wii.  And if anyone is saying that they just heard about it, they have not been paying attention as predictions/claims as to its eventual  vaporware status have been made here for at least two years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadness_%28video_game%29http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadness_(video_game)
Mike from Morgantown

Dazkarieh said:
Games4Fun said:

The idea of what would have been the game peaked many peoples interest maybe??? Just because it was a small chance with very little information means nothing some of us still held out some hope, but it was not meant to be I guess, To bad looked like it could have been a pretty neat game. Besides people have drooled over just a simple annoucment of a game plenty of times with zero info or pictures. You entered a thread knowing you would just come on to whine about some people whineing???? Perhaps you are the one that needs to get over it?

You do not usually have people drooling about a game without any info. If it's a well known IP, you already have an idea of what's coming. If it's from a well known studio or director, the same. Here you have 3 b&w workarts from an unknown/non-existing studio.

But it's ok... you get hyped for the idea of what a game might be. That's fine. That's actually prety common in VG industry. It's as easy as read some reviews... you have reviewers complaining about what a game doesn't have or is not than analysing the game itself. So nothing new. Keep saying "get over it", though.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

:D

Buy silent hill you cry babies... that game actually got made.

I was excited when it was first announced but I saw this coming a long time ago. no surprises here.

Wichdog69

The sad faces probably have something to do with the game title. Just a hunch, fellas. '-'

SW-5120-1900-6153

very sad....game had a lot of attention and a pretty good cult following....guess arc rise will deliver us from the depths of vaporware.....

Around the Network

too bad, I was looking forward to it