By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your very first Video Game Console and game you played?

I find it interesting to see people who actually start off on a console generation that comes after the one I started on.

Mine was the Sega Master System, and the first game I ever played was Wonderboy in Monster Land at the age of 4(still one of my favorites to this day!).  I eventually shifted over to the NES since the SMS was a flop in the US.

So to anyone else post your first system and game, I wonder if I'll see many from the atari days post.

Around the Network

snes SF2turbo.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Star Fox for SNES, played it when I was 3

Smurfs for the ColecoVision!

Super Mario Bros. was my first game played on my first system, the NES. Of course I was less than 2 years old at the time, so I had problems getting past the first bottomless pit in World 1-1.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Around the Network

console wise, it's famicom, which is NES, before that was a custom APPLE II.

I don't even know what was that thing that I played. I know it was yellow and the controller was like a joystick or something. I think it may have been Atari or something in that line. In the game I played you controlled a tank and you had to shoot other tanks I think. It was all made by squares and you had an upside view of the stuff in the screen. I would like to know what that was.

I can say that the first game I played besides whatever that game with the tank was, was Super Mario Bros for the Nintendo system. That same day I played Duck Hunt too. XD

But the first system I had was the Sega Genesis/CD with Sonic The Hedgehog 3 and a shooting game I can't recall how it was named.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

NES

super mario

mM

SMB3 on NES or SF2 on Snes, not sure.

leo-j said:
NES

super mario

Same.