By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The worst sequel to a game?

Spire_VII said:
dunno001 said:
What other sequels should we stay away from?

Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight

such a tragedy what EA has done to this franchise

What happened?

Around the Network

Dare I ask what's up with DMC2?

Above: still the best game of the year.

lestatdark said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I started playing Parasite with the second one, well, I only played the second one so I really don't complain. I liked that game but I know it was very Resident Evil like. I wish the first one would be released in the PSN.

Alundra 2 was indeed crappy. The first Alundra was awesome. I'd play Alundra over Zelda any day.

I'll ride the bandwagon of hate and acknowledge Devil May Cry 2 as the worst sequel I have see.

You should give the first one a chance whenever you can, trust me, after playing it, the second one will seem like a below-average game.

Not only in terms of story, but because of the battle system itself. It masterfully balances ATB and free movement, meaning that you can dodge normally but still have to play it in a turn-based manner, albeit with tons of derivative strategy with the implemention of a different Parasite Energy system and a more complex weapon system. Plus, it had Eve, one of the best villains ever created (Original Eve still kicks her arse, but only those who have reached her know this xD).

I actually enjoyed Devil May Cry 2, but it was the worst of the bunch, that's true.

I almost bought it at eBay one day but it was too expensive. I have seen gameplay videos in YouTube and I liked what I saw. If the game is released in the PSN I am willing to buy it. :)

Is that Simmons in your avatar? XD

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

This one's easy : Super Mario Bros 2 (and hey, I LOVE that game, but you have to understand, it was not a real sequel and it was just wrong for fans of the 1st game for obvious reasons). Almost same thing with Zelda 2.

Beuli2 said:

I was wondering that myself, with the sheer abundance of it being mentioned. I've never played the series, but...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network

Off the top of my head since RPGS are on my mind today I would say FF8 FF11 FF12

Need 4 speed: Undercover. haven't played it but based on critics it's the worst in the series.
Jak and Dexter: the lost frontier

Beuli2 said:

To me, the game was no good. Super easy with no challenge, the violence and fast moves of Dante seemed to have been slowed down in animation so you didn't feel that aggression that the first one had. Visuals were kind of crappy (except for charater models), I am no graphics-whore so when I am talking about visuals I am talking about design of the environment and enemies, etc. Fighting living-tanks? WTF!? There was no atmosphere there for me. The game was too easy. Dante was not Dante. They tried to convert Dante into a bad and silent version of TwoFace from Batman and it sucked more than TwoFace himself (TwoFace was awesome in The Dark Knight though). I know they wanted to picture a more matured Dante in the game but they could have done a better work for sure. The game's difficulty was too easy. Finished the game with Dante and never got to play the second DVD because I really couldn't put myself to do such a task. I really didn't like it.

This is an opinion of course, this is not written in rock.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
lestatdark said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I started playing Parasite with the second one, well, I only played the second one so I really don't complain. I liked that game but I know it was very Resident Evil like. I wish the first one would be released in the PSN.

Alundra 2 was indeed crappy. The first Alundra was awesome. I'd play Alundra over Zelda any day.

I'll ride the bandwagon of hate and acknowledge Devil May Cry 2 as the worst sequel I have see.

You should give the first one a chance whenever you can, trust me, after playing it, the second one will seem like a below-average game.

Not only in terms of story, but because of the battle system itself. It masterfully balances ATB and free movement, meaning that you can dodge normally but still have to play it in a turn-based manner, albeit with tons of derivative strategy with the implemention of a different Parasite Energy system and a more complex weapon system. Plus, it had Eve, one of the best villains ever created (Original Eve still kicks her arse, but only those who have reached her know this xD).

I actually enjoyed Devil May Cry 2, but it was the worst of the bunch, that's true.

I almost bought it at eBay one day but it was too expensive. I have seen gameplay videos in YouTube and I liked what I saw. If the game is released in the PSN I am willing to buy it. :)

Is that Simmons in your avatar? XD

I bought PE day one xD I still remember it vividly, i've been saving up money for about 6 months, since I was 11 back then and I just had enough money for school food XD.

When I saw the first scans on a local gaming magazine on Venezuela, on 1997, I immediatly fell in love with the game. September 9, 1997 was one heck of a day for me :D

As it stands, Parasite Eve is my second favourite game of all time, just being outclassed by Lufia 2.

Yup, that's Simone, big Simone Simons and Epica fan here :D  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Blaster Master 2.

Yes I went there.

It was released on the Sega Genesis and even published by Sun Soft.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/genesis/home/586067.html

Top that.

It's just that simple.