By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Look at me! I am playing badly reviewed games and having fun!

That's it, I am never reading an official review for the rest of my gaming life.  Finished.  Never again...

Here is why:

I am currently playing the game Calling (50 on Metacritic).  I know it is NOT a masterpiece, but I would give it a 7 out of 10.  In fact, I think any game I finish to the end deserves at least that much. 

Secondly, I am also playing Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers (66 on Metacritic). So far, I would easily give this one an 8.5 out of 10.  Good graphics, story, characters and gameplay.

Finally, I started Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (55 on Metacritics).  So far, great action, super respect of the Indiana Jones franchise and acceptable graphics.  I would give it a 7.5 out of 10.

I now know that a game is as good as you think it is.  I will soon start Fragile Dreams and it too has a poor metacritic score (64), but I found a cult following on the web who sware only by this game.  I am no casual gamer or hardcore gamer, I just enjoy games that have a special connection with me.  As long as I am having fun, the metacritics of this world have the right to think what they want.

That's it. 

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

Around the Network

I enjoyed Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers too and it deserves a better reviews. Since it is a Wii game the reviewers just don't like it.

Wii has already a very strong and diverse library, unique titles like FFCB, RS2, NMH2 and Just Dance keep coming, but you know that they will have bad reviews only because they aren't hd titles...

adsl said:
I enjoyed Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers too and it deserves a better reviews. Since it is a Wii game the reviewers just don't like it.

Wii has already a very strong and diverse library, unique titles like FFCB, RS2, NMH2 and Just Dance keep coming, but you know that they will have bad reviews only because they aren't hd titles...

And all those pages and pages that reviewers wrote about the game as to why they thought it deserved the score they gave?  Was that all just a front so they could mask their bias?  What a bunch of BS.

If you can, try Bionic Commando on PC.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

You should thank the reviewers for making them affordable.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Yeah I don't give metacritic much weight anymore. There are a lot of games I like that have mediocre or shitty scores.

Lets face it, if your a Wii gamer you might as well stop reading reviews. I have come to this conclusion a long time ago.

Torillian said:
adsl said:

And all those pages and pages that reviewers wrote about the game as to why they thought it deserved the score they gave?  Was that all just a front so they could mask their bias?  What a bunch of BS.

Yes thats correct, they don't like the WII and they have biases for it

They can frame the game incorrectly and then write pages and pages of bullshit

So it is possible that what you posted could in fact be bullshit

You need to turn in your gamer card. If all of your purchases and play experiences aren't ruled by metacritic, you're not a true gamer.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"